Chapter 12: We Mourn

Jane was disappointed that Thor didn't return "He's gone". There was nothing else to do so they left.

The danger was over and Asgard is safe, but we still mourn for the loss of Loki. Sif walked up to Frigga, "My queen, I'm so sorry for your loss." "How is he?" Frigga asked about Thor. "He mourns for his brother, and he misses her, the mortal." Sif answered graciously. "And Athena?" "She dearly misses Loki, it's hard to explain how she feels right now."

As Thor was walking through the palace, he saw me standing alone looking out to Asgard. He came and stood by my side. He touched my shoulder gently, I couldn't hold back the tears, so I cryed. Thor hugged me. "He's gone", I whispered sobbing as I hugged him tightly. "I miss him." I added. "I do too", he said soflty. "You've been very brave Athena, I bet this has been quite an experience for you." Thor said with a smile. "Indeed it has". There was silence for a moment. "I'm sure Loki loved you very much, I could see that." Thor said warmly. Thor patted my shoulder and continued walking, he saw Odin. "You will be a wise king", Odin advised. "I will never be a wiser king than you, or a better father." Thor assured. "I have much to learn. I know that now. Someday perhaps, I shall make you proud." Thor added. Odin turned to him. "You've already made me proud."

I came up to Thor and Odin. "Ah, Athena. You have been a very brave and noble maiden. You helped save this realm. I consider you a part of Asgard." Odin proclaimed honourably. "Thankyou" I said with gratitude. Suddenly, I felt less weak and stronger than I usually am. I was confused of what just happened. "Athena, you are no longer a mortal, you are a part of this realm and are now, a Goddess. You deserve it." Odin said smiling. I could not believe it. This was amazing. I am now a part of Asgard. Thor was happy for me.

I never thought this day would come, that I would become a Goddess. I'm not quite sure what I'm the Goddess of, but I guess I'll find out eventually. I was deeply mourning for Loki, I walked into his room and sat on his bed. Broken inside. I turned and I saw a mirror and I noticed I was wearing a beautiful green and gold dress. It reminded me of Loki.

Thor was on the bridge with Heimdall missing Jane. "So Earth is lost to us?" He guessed. "No, there is always hope." Heimdall answered looking down. "Can you see her?" Thor asked sincerely. Heimdall chuckled. "Yes". "How is she?" "She searches for you". Heimdall alleged. Thor smiled.

I went to check on Thor down at the bridge. He saw me. "You look wonderful", he said smiling at me. "Thankyou Thor". "I'm very happy that you are of Asgard now."  "I am too, I never thought this day would come, but, here I am."  We both smiled at eachother.

"Now that I am of Asgard, I will do anything for this realm and everyone living upon it. It is my home now." I said determined.

That's the end. There will be a sequel. This was my first story I ever wrote and finished. I'm very proud, I really do hope you enjoyed it and hopefully the sequel will be good. Please Like, Comment and Rate. I would appreciate it. :) <3