twenty-eight - troye

vote and comment please thank youuu

Two Weeks Later

Troye Sivan had walked into the airport in Perth, and and Jake More had walked out of the airport into the LA sunshine, and I was doing okay.

The wallet in my pocket had come my way with a credit card and ten thousand in cash, tied in a neat green bundle. Barely a ripple in the funds of the Family, but it made me grimace even so, because I didn't want to spend their money or be affiliated with them in any way. Still, I'd used to it to pin down a cheap flat and it was enough to get essentials, and I could get a job when it ran out.

The plan, though, was to have Tyler back and go home long before it ran out. 

It would be easy to just start a new life as Jake More and forget about the blood on my hands, but I could never do that. I would always be the same lying, selfish Troye I had always been. And I would always be in love with the boy I'd left behind in hell. 

I was no closer to getting him back that I had been when I left. Connor had promised to contact me with news, but all he sent were coded emails that could not be traced and always ended saying things like 'not yet' 'he's alive' 'no change, keep waiting'. It was so hard not to just fly back to Perth and storm the castle, so to speak, but whether I liked it or not I still had the mind of a soldier, and that just wasn't practical. No, the best thing I could do for Tyler was sit tight and wait for an opening. 

That didn't make the nightmares any easier, though.

I was in the warehouse, but this time I was alone, and the door was open, rain spitting and bouncing off of the concrete floor. Wind howled through the hollow building and I felt the sick weight of a gun in my hand. I didn't know why I was here, or what was going on, but it reeked of the metallic scent of blood.

A silhouette in the door frame. The lights burst to life one by one, a systematic runway, and it was Tyler, his glasses cracked and crooked, hair matted with sweat. Hunched awkwardly over his stomach and gasping for air, eyes glazed.

The distance between us was suddenly a lot smaller. He fell forward, but as I went to help him to his feet the gun went off and he screamed.The wind picked up, screeching and battering at the roof and walls of the warehouse, and Tyler's shrieks joined it. "You left me!"  he was shouting over and over again. "You left me, you left me -"

I bolted upright, swallowing a scream of my own, and went straight to the bathroom to splash water on my face; I knew the routine after a solid two weeks of nightmares. I just needed to wake up, that was all. And I just needed to stop having dreams about the love of my life being tortured that woke me up at three in the morning. 

And I really just needed to get Tyler out of there, but I wasn't even in the same country anymore, and until Connor gave me a solid lead I was as powerless as I'd ever been.