Chapter Three: The Hogwarts Express

The next few week leading up to September 1st went by very fast. My dad had me training my Winx powers every day, and before I knew it it was August 31st, the night before I leave. I looked in my trunk and realized I would never fit all my clothes in there. What I know! Last June Molly was bored and she catalogued all my cloth on my Mpad (Magic Ipad teehee). I can just bring the Mpad and it will give me whatever clothes I choose!

 I just have to bring my jewelry because that’s not in there. I grabbed my Mpad and the case and put it in my trunk. Then I grabbed my huge Jewelry box from the closet and put all my jewelry along with my tiaras. I closed the box and put it next to my trunk cause there is no way that it was going to fit in there. Next I put all my school supplies in the trunk and my brush, makeup, a few books (including what my grandfather gave me), pads, and tampons. I glanced around my room for anything else to bring. Then I spotted a photo on my desk of me and grandfather. I carefully wrapped the moving picture with a sock and put that too in my trunk. I looked under my bed and found a box.

I pulled it out and looked inside. There was a photo album, an old doll, a beautiful crown that once was my great grandmothers, a locket that belonged to my mother’s mother, and few ball gowns that were my mothers. I smiled and quickly put the box in my trunk and then went to bed.

The next morning I woke before the sun was shining. I took a bath and then lift my hair in its normal waves. Then I put on a pretty sky blue sun dress and white gladiator sandals. I finished it off with my diamond bracelet and the diamond tiara. I used my powers to make my trunk, huge jewelry box, my purse, and midnight black owl, which I named Inky, to float door to the front door. I ran into the kitchen and got another breakfast sandwich and then ran to my parent’s room. My mother and father were both up reading. I gave them a kiss and then ran to my siblings’ rooms and said bye to them. By the time I had gotten to the front door again Richard already had my things neatly in the car. I hopped in and he drove me to Kings Cross Station. Richard helped me to put my things on a cart and then I took off I remembered my grandfather once saying you had to walk into the column between nine and ten, so I headed in that direction. Once I got there I saw a large family and a familiar black haired boy.

"-- packed with Muggles, of course --." The speaker was a plump woman who was talking to four boys, all with flaming red hair. Each of them was pushing a trunk like mine in front of me -- and they had an owl. I pushed his cart after them, knowing that they must me wizards and grinned at Harry, who had followed them too. They stopped and so did I, just near enough to hear what they were saying. "Now, what's the platform number." said the boys' mother.

"Nine and three-quarters!" piped a small girl, also red-headed, who was holding her hand, "Mom, can't I go... " "You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go

first." What looked like the oldest boy marched toward platforms nine and ten. I watched, careful not to blink in case I missed it -- but just as the boy reached the dividing barrier between the two platforms, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of him and by the time the last backpack had cleared away, the boy had vanished.

“Fred, you next," the plump woman said. "I'm not Fred, I'm George," said the boy. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother. Can’t you tell I'm George." "Sorry, George, dear." "Only joking, I am Fred," said the boy, and off he went. His twin called after him to hurry up, and he must have done so, because a second later, he had gone -- but how had he done it. Now the third brother was walking briskly toward the barrier he was almost there -- and then, quite suddenly, he wasn't anywhere.

There was nothing else for it. "Excuse me," Harry and I said to the plump woman. "Hello, dears," she said. "First time at Hogwarts. Ron's new, too." She pointed at the last and youngest of her sons. He was tall, thin, and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet, and a long nose. "Yes," we said together. "The thing is -- the thing is, I don't know how to --," said Harry. "How to get onto the platform." she said kindly, and Harry and I nodded.