chapter 8

The next day was the big game, Buddy and Molly's family was getting ready downstairs and had welcomed the sitter who had brought a blueberry pie with her. This of course caught Budderball's attention, but the others told him to focus. They then saw Patch coming, thinking that he was late and if he was then he'd make a run for the game giving them the opportunity they needed. The humans were taking their leave. Buddy barked goodbye to his children and left with the humans.

"Oh, there you are, Patch," Molly greeted. "What took ya?"

"I am so sorry, I overslept and I tried to get here as fast as I could." Patch explained before panting.

"Well, you came just in time as we're about to go." Buddy informed.

"Thank goodness..." Patch was relieved now. "Too bad I can't say goodbye to the Buddies."

"Maybe you can see them after the game." Molly suggested as they loaded up to go to the basketball game.

"Yeah, besides how much trouble could they cause at the house during a game?" Patch asked.

The dogs and humans then went off to their game. The Buddies stayed upstairs while the sitter was going to get settled in. As soon she was out of sight, the Buddies rushed downstairs to the doggy door with their ball toys.

'This plan is fool proof.' Rosebud thought to herself.

However, Mrs. Niggles stopped them and looked firm to them. The Buddies stopped and looked up at her as she put her hands on her hips.

"And where you might think you were going?" Mrs. Niggles waved her finger sharply toward them.

The Buddies of course could not answer her since she didn't speak dog.

"Oh, I know what you little Buddies want," Mrs. Niggles then said to them. "Bath time it is."

That word always scared MudBud as he never liked getting clean.

"Cleanliness is next to godliness." Mrs. Niggles told the Buddies as she forced them into a bath.

But of course, MudBud was not going to make it easy for her and began to run around over the place. Mrs. Niggles eventually caught him and scrubbed him down as she sang to herself.

"I hate getting cleaned." MudBud groaned.

After the bath, Mrs. Niggles made the puppies take a nap.

"What do we do now, sis?" Budderball asked.

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here." Rosebud promised.

"How, dudette?" B-Dawg asked.

"Hmm..." Rosebud tried to think.

Mrs. Niggles left for an hour to let them nap while she would knit, which obviously, they weren't going to.

"Careful," Budderball whispered as they snuck out of their room. "Gotta make sure she doesn't see us."

"Hey, look," Rosebud noticed one of the balls of yarns looked like a soccer ball which caught her interest. "She's got a ball."

"If the Buddies can't go to the game, the game will come to the Buddies." B-Dawg replied.

Buddha shushed them. "Mrs. Niggles is finding her inner peace."

"Oh, come on, what do you want to do, go to sleep or have fun?" Budderball asked.

"Look at her though, she's falling asleep." Buddha pointed.

"I don't know about my inner peace, but I wanna piece of that pie!" Budderball looked at the blueberry dessert that came with their babysitter.

Mrs. Niggles was starting to nod off and eventually fell fast asleep in the chair, allowing the Buddies to go.