chapter 16

The next morning, all four of them got ready to continue their journey to find Patch, Colette, and the Buddies. Cherry wasn't quite ready yet after they all got up and got dressed. Forte saw this and knew what Cherry needed before she could get into a moving vehicle and went to fetch it for her.

"As soon as we're all ready, we can keep going." Atticus said, stretching.

Mo stretched herself. "What are we waiting for?"

Cherry didn't say anything. Forte came back with a biscuit sandwich that had bacon and eggs inside of it. Cherry swiped it from him and started to eat it up.

"She didn't even say thank you!" Mo cried.

"Leave her alone, she's had a long day yesterday." Forte soothed.

"We'll go out to find Patch, Colette, and the Buddies, right after Cherry is done with her breakfast." Atticus said.

Mo nodded in agreement.

"Do you need another one?" Forte asked.

"Give me another for now, I'll eat it later." Cherry replied.

Forte nodded and went to get her another one.

"Wherever the Buddies, Patch, and Colette are, I hope they're having breakfast." Atticus said.

"I'm sure Budderball will be glad about that." Mo agreed.

Meanwhile, with Patch, Colette, and the Buddies...

The Buddies, Patch, and Colette had spent the night in a hollow tree. Patch and Colette were nuzzled up together, like a peaceful dog couple by the warm and crackling fireplace on a bitter cold winter's night. When the two woke up, they saw the Buddies awake, with playful smirks on their faces.

Colette yawned, then smiled to them. "Morning, Buddies..."

"Morning..." the Buddies said together then.

"What're you doing?" Patch added.

"Nuthin', what're you doin'?" Rosebud asked with smirk.

Patch and Colette looked at each other and knew why the Buddies were all smirking at them. The two blushed and stretched together.

"Um, you pups have a good night?" Patch asked sheepishly.

"Uh-Huh." the Buddies smirked.

Colette came out of the tree and looked around with a sigh. "Now where are we?"

"Civilization is miles and miles away now." MudBud spoke up.

"What about the restaurants?" Budderball asked.

"Um, I think we might be a little bit lost." Patch said.

"We better go out and ask for directions," Colette suggested, then looked to her mate. "Unless you don't need directions..."

"No, no, it's a good idea." Patch agreed with her so they wouldn't have an argument about directions like most couples, well, human couples did anyway.

"Okay, but where can we find directions?" Rosebud asked.

"We'll have to ask someone who lives around here." Buddha suggested.

"Yes," Colette agreed. "Hopefully someone kind and helpful."

"Yeah and hopefully not mean and violent." Patch said.

"I smell something over that way, dudes!" B-Dawg looked back as he was looking to another direction.

"Alright then, let's follow that scent." Patch said.