chapter 10

The Buddies seemed a little depressed about the whole adoption idea while they lay around, Budderball with his shoe munching. They were happy as soon as Patch came in.

"Hey, Buddies, how are you five doing?" Patch asked.

"We're okay, yo..." B-Dawg replied.

"Hmm..." Buddha didn't say much due to his rare display of negative disposition.

"Yeah... Wanna chew?" Budderball pushed the shoe he was teething on over to Patch.

"Um, no, thank you, Budderball." Patch denied, politely.

"Okay..." Budderball took it back and started to chew on the shoe.

"So, I hear your'e gonna get ready to be adopted tomorrow." Patch brought up with a smile, still believing that the Buddies were eager to meet their future pet owners and start their own lives and futures away from each other.

"Yeah, I guess...." The Buddies sighed.

Patch looked at them, instantly frowning. "Is something wrong?"

"Well, it's just that this has always been our home and we always thought that we'd always stay here." Rosebud said.

"Oh, Buddies, we've been over this..." Patch said softly.

"We know...." the Buddies said.

"You're going to your new homes tomorrow, just think of it as your own adventure." Patch smiled to them.

The Buddies paused for a few moments and smiled themselves.

"See?" Patch smiled, he didn't know they were still trying to stay with their parents. "It's going to be just fine and I'll visit you whenever I get the chance."

'But, tomorrow is taco night.' Budderball thought to himself hungrily.

"And Budderball, I'm sure that your owner will feed you tacos." Patch assured him.

After a little while, Patch decided to get going home and once again reassured the Buddies that there was nothing to worry about with their new life changing experience. Molly left after checking on her children one last time, little did she or Buddy or anyone else know, there was going to be a tragedy striking for the Buddies. She saw all five of them fast asleep and was relieved that they didn't try anything. However, the Buddies made a plan to run away. That way, even though they would be away from their parents, they would be all together. This plan sounded right to them and they decided to follow it.