Chapter 10

Talia's POV
      We pull into the school parking lot, Audrey is still looking a bit red but it is cute. I park the car and turn off the engine. "So ready for school little miss adorable?" I look over at her waiting on a response. "Or we could ditch and go hang out on the beach" she smiles and starts pulling at my shirt pleading with me to agree with her, it is so hard not to agree but school is really important which is exactly what I tell her she responds saying "oh come, baby stop being a goodie goodie for like five minutes and experience some real fun" she breaks out her puppy dog eyes.
      "But we're already here. School's important and without good grades I wont get into a good college and if I don't get into a good college I won't get a good job." I speak a bit intensely. "It's just one day. It wont kill you." she smiles at me and says "pretty please? I'll buy you ice cream. Mint chocolate chip your favorite." I sigh loudly and finally give in "fine, fine only because you offered ice cream." With that said I drive off and head to the beach "YAY!" Audrey screams excitedly.
      We drive for what seems like forever when in reality it is only like twenty minutes. I pay the man to get over the bridge and I drive down a bit until I reach my favorite part of the beach. It is always so pretty and the small waves always get my attention. The scene is picture perfect. I get out of the car and walk over to the passenger side to let Audrey out. "There you go lovely" I say after I open the door for her. "Why thank you kind mam" she looks at me and smiles as I lightly close the door not wanting to slam it and make a loud noise. "What should we do first on our lovely day off?" Audrey questions me. "I definitely say ice cream" I grin at her.
      I grab her hand and run towards the ice cream shop. I smile when I see the shop. I stop running and walk over to the building and enter it holding the door open for Audrey. "Finally. Hun would you order for me? I need to use the bathroom" I ask her. "Yes of course. Mint chocolate chip with hot fudge am I right?" she looks at me and smiles. I nod my head then walk off to the restroom. I use the bathroom, wash my hands, check how I look in the mirror, and then walk out to find Audrey waiting with our ice cream. "Thanks for ordering. Wanna go walk on the pier?" I ask her and grab my ice cream out of her hands.
   "Anywhere with you sounds amazing" she giggles and intertwines her fingers with mine. We walk out of the ice cream shop having random pointless conversations, laughing and joking around and then we reach the pier. I run into someone "oh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run into you let me help you." I help them pick up everything they dropped and say sorry once more. "Awww well wasn't that sweet" Audrey looks over at me smirking. "Oh hush I knocked the stuff out of their arms I was just being nice."
      We walk until we finally reach the pier. "Looks like they're remodeling the pier" Audrey points to where the railing was taken off. "Huh wonder why. You think they'd have the pier closed if they're working on it" I look around for construction workers but to my surprise don't see any. We walk down the pier silently taking in the wonderful view. I stop and say "hey I think I dropped something back up there" I point up towards the beginning of the pier.
      We walk back down and look for what I dropped. I look down and see at least ten feet of concrete exposed from below the sand "huh I guess I didn't drop anything, but I wonder why there is concrete down there. I thought this are was suppose to be fully covered by sand and water" I look over at her and then stand up. "Yeah that's a bit weird. Maybe we can ask someone later" she says softly her hair blowing in the cool breeze. 
      This is when suddenly workers come running towards pier, they seem to be in a big hurry. I try to move out of the way but one of the workers run into me before I have a chance to move causing me to fall off of the pier.

Authors note: This chapter is currently unedited so please excuse any mistakes. Is anyone else anxious to find out what happened to Ashley or what has been going on with Sophie?