Chapter Two

*Above is what I picture Damien to look like. I know he has no face, but whatever lol Obviously you can picture whoever you want, but this guy is sexy and was my inspiration for Damien's character :3*

Chapter 2

"Robin...you awake?" I felt more than heard Damien whisper into my ear.

I didn't open my eyes, which caused him to pull back and sigh. Yes, I did hear him, and yes I am ignoring him. Not because I'm mad, but because he always talks to me when he thinks I'm asleep; things he won't say to me if I were awake.

I liked hearing what he had to say in the middle of the night. Some people might think it's weird that he talks to himself in the night, or in this case, my sleeping form. It's a way to get things off his chest without me knowing, only I do know, and I do listen to him each time.

I felt his fingertips brush my face and slowly move the hair that was in front of my eyes. His touch was soft and gentle, and it felt really nice.

"I'm sorry," he murmured.

I still didn't open my eyes, but I could hear rustling coming from his side of the bed. I thought he was getting up, but then I felt him move closer and wrap his arms around me.

"I don't know what I'd do if something were to happen to you."

I could feel his stare, which was making it hard for me to keep my eyes closed and act like I am still asleep. Instead of getting caught, I casually snuggled into his chest to cover my face.

"You're so beautiful, and you don't even know it. I can't blame the guy for picking you, but I sure as hell don't like it."

I thought he would keep going; talk a little longer, but he didn't. He pulled me in closer and laid his head back on the pillow. I could feel and hear his heartbeat in his chest, and slowly it evened out until I could tell he was asleep.

My heart, on the other hand, was beating so fast. He could be so sweet sometimes, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have just a slight crush on him. What gay guy wouldn't have a crush on their straight best friend who just happens to be the sweetest guy they know?

Part of me wonders if he ever gets those feelings too, but I know he doesn't. I've been around him long enough to know that he likes girls and girls alone. He has never even voiced a simple curiosity of the same sex. If he were to have thoughts about it, he would tell me. He tells me everything.

Thoughts ran through my head like a fast-paced river, and I couldn't control where they were heading. I guess sleep is not an option for me tonight.

It was the middle of the night, but hours passed by quickly, and soon the sun was shining through the cracks in the blinds.

I was in the same position I was before; only Damien was about to wake up.

Before he could wake up and find me in his arms, I detangled myself from his body and made my way to the bathroom.

Closing the door, I leaned against it and closed my eyes tight thinking about my secret admirer and my best friend. One has the ability to crush my whole world while the other has the ability to save it.

I ended up in front of the mirror with my hands leaning on the granite countertop. My head was tilted down so I couldn't see myself, but I slowly brought it upwards to get a good look at my face.

My eyes were dark from lack of sleep, but other than that, I looked the picture of normal. No one would question my sanity today. Not that they do, but there has been days where I don't look like I have my stuff all together. My sanity was questionable even to myself.