Chapter Twelve

Damien's POV:

"Come on Ronnie. Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"I-I-I...don't have the money."

Shaking my head, I raised my gun and pointed it in the direction of his thick skull. He's lying. I know he's lying because he always does. He likes to think he can outsmart us, but he never can. We know all.

Vladik was standing behind me but soon came forward with a deadly expression. He was the silent killer. Usually someone else did all of the talking while Vlad appeared to intimidate people with his looks and his skill from the back.

"We know you're bullshitting us. The money or..." I looked around and spotted a picture of him and a woman sitting on a bench in the park hanging on the wall. "That lady of yours will get a little visit."

His eyes bulged out of his head, shocked that we would go to such lengths for some cash. Truth is, it's not just some cash, and we've been known to go to great lengths to insure our reign is respected and upheld.

"Okay okay...I've got your money. I just need to go get it. Don't hurt my girlfriend, she didn't do shit to you guys."

"Well hurry up ass wipe. We don't have all night."

He ran somewhere and came back quickly with a stack of cash. I snatched it from his hand and handed it to Vlad with my gun still pointed at him.

"Count it."

Again Ronnie looked a bit nervous. Skipping out on us, are we?

"You got something to say?"

"N-no. I just figured you'd leave once you got the money..."

"We're not leaving until we get the other half," I growled.

My hand was shaking, the one with the gun in it of course. Not out of nervousness to kill a man, but out of pure anger. I was livid that he would try playing me for a fool. I thought we were way beyond these petty ass tricks. You borrow from the Scorpion Blood, then you pay up. That's how it works.

"I don't have the other half!" Ronnie screamed at me with a pleading look. "Please...I can get it. I promise I can get it. Just give me another couple of days..."

I turned to Vlad. He just stood there with no emotion in his eyes. If it were up to him, he'd shoot the man up from the second we walked in here. He came here for some fun. Vlad looked at me and nodded.

Ronnie saw that as a good sign, but he did not know Vladik for the life of him.

I turned back to Ronnie and raised my gun, "Povezet v sleduyushchiy raz" (better luck next time).

"No no no no no!" he screamed for forgiveness but it was too late.

Pulling the trigger, his screams came to a halt. His body stood still for only a second and then quickly fell to the side. It was as if everything happened in slow motion. My gun was still releasing the last bits of smoke that came from the firing of the bullet. It was still hot from my fresh kill.

The man standing right before me was now dead on the floor and it was satisfying.

Robin's POV:

I decided to take a shower. Damien said he'd be home soon and well...he'd find me.

I rubbed the body wash all up my arms and down the rest of my body, watching all of the soap rinse away. I smiled at the thought of Damien walking in on me like this. Normally I am a shy person, but with Damien I am 100% myself. No shame whatsoever.