Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"You what?" I asked in shock.

"I really want to kiss you," he repeated as if it were a simple and innocent statement.

"Ummm..."

Okay, well that probably wasn't the best reaction. His face fell, which I felt bad for. I don't know what I am supposed to say to that though. I've never been in this situation before. Damien apparently never let anyone remotely near me.

"It's okay if you don't want to..." he rambled on. "I know it's a weird thing to ask, but I didn't want to just go ahead and do it, you know?"

"To be honest Warren, I don't really know what I'm doing. As embarrassing as that sounds, I am kind of scared to do it wrong."

If my face wasn't red already, it is now. This has to be the most awkward conversation ever. Most people have their first kiss before they hit the age of fourteen. Me? Twenty-one and still a virgin everything.

"You could never do anything wrong, Robin. Even if you sucked, it wouldn't be the end of the world."

"Thanks?" I laughed. "I don't know if that was meant to make me feel better or worse."

"Better. I swear that's what I was going for," he smiled and it was such a beautiful sight.

"If this was years ago, I'd say I wanted my first kiss to be this romantic experience that would end up being extremely perfect. Now, I honestly don't care if a random stranger would kiss me. To not have been kissed by the age of twenty-one, that's just embarrassing," I admitted.

"I don't think so. You shouldn't be embarrassed about anything. You're perfect," he reached out to grab my hand. "If anything, I admire your ability to not give into peer pressure. While all kids did things just for the sake of popularity or experience, you didn't force anything to happen. That is really cool in my eyes."

I blushed. He just always knows the right things to say.

"So...would you be willing to teach me how to kiss?"

His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head. Was he expecting me to say no?

"I can teach you anything you want, but something tells me you would be really good at it."

"Wanna find out?" I bit my lip.

My goal was to sound and be sexy, but I don't think that could ever happen.

He just smirked evilly and pulled himself closer to me. His face was inches from my own, and I could feel his breath, which was surprisingly minty as if he just chewed gum. Homeboy came prepared.

"I would love nothing more..." he looked at my lips and then back up to my eyes, "than to find out how good you taste."

"Oh my God," I brought my hands up to my face in embarrassment.

He laughed, "too much?"

"No, no. That's not it. I'm just scared. You always seem like you know what you're doing."

He reached up and pulled my hands away so he could see my face. "Please don't hide from me. I'm not going to laugh; I'm not going to make fun of you. I have wanted nothing more than to kiss you the first time I saw you. Trust me, this has gone a lot of different ways in my head, but kissing you for real is going to blow away all of my fantasies."