Chapter Seven

Damien's POV:

The gravel crunched beneath my feet as I walked down the dreary path. It leads to God only knows where, but I needed the walk to clear my head.

Lorenzo Donovan...where do I begin?

For starters, he's going to be hard to get to. He's the leader of the Italian mafia, so this job will not be a piece of cake. I am the best assassin there is in this city, and I have even done jobs for Lorenzo himself, but Thorn has blackmail on me.

Stuff that could do much harm.

I exhaled, causing a thick cloud of air to appear from the cold weather. It was freezing outside, but I couldn't care about weather at a time like this.

The direction I was going in started gaining familiar territory, and soon I knew where I was. I made a sharp right and made my way to this abandoned shack house where I keep a few spare things just in case I'm on the run.

As I approached the old beaten down shack, I looked around making sure no one was in sight.

The coast was clear, and I went inside to start planning. I had some information stored here, and a ton of paper to start drawing out plans. This isn't a job where I can just improvise like usual. It's going to take a lot of preparation in order to be successful.

Robin flashed in my mind, and I almost lost it. I don't know what I'd do if he ended up getting hurt in all of this. I couldn't think about that now, though. I needed to get my head on straight and focus on the task at hand.

"Fuckin' hell," I huffed. "How am I going to pull this one off?"

I felt kind of strange talking to myself, but I never was one to honestly care. If talking to myself is what it takes to come up with something good, then so be it.

Looking over at the far wall across from me, I eyed the picture of Robin and I. We were much younger there, but we looked so happy...so innocent. What ever happened to those days where nothing really mattered except for the fact that we were together? When did everything change?

Oh yeah...it changed when I started getting involved in illegal shit.

I caused this. I made this happen, and now I'm going to fix it.

Before I could get anything done my phone vibrated loudly against the hardwood table.

I glanced at the name that appeared on my screen only to regret it instantly when I saw that it was Warren calling me. I honestly did not have time to deal with him of all people right now.

I sighed and picked up the phone anyways.

"What," I snapped into the receiver.

"Geez...why so angry?"

Shaking my head, I replied "not in the mood Warren. What do you want?"

"I just wanted to ask if it was okay if I went over your place to hang out with Robin..." he trailed off awkwardly.

"No." I deadpanned.

Silence. He was probably surprised that I said no really quickly. I didn't even take a second to even ponder the idea.

"But-" he tried to reason.

"Warren...no."

"I'll be good, I promise!"

I contemplated the thought for a moment. I really didn't like the thought of Robin being home all by himself. Especially with threats over his life...maybe it wasn't a bad idea to have Warren check up on him.