Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Damien!" I screeched as I felt an ice cube slip down my back.

He thought it would be funny to stick one down my shirt and watch me squirm from the cold. It definitely was not funny. Okay, maybe a little bit.

"What?" he shrugged innocently. "I thought you wanted to chill today?"

I tried so hard to hold back my laughter, but his stupid humor always got the best of me. It wasn't the funniest of jokes, but his facial expressions make it all the better.

Shaking my head, I set down the butter I was retrieving from the refrigerator when he decided it would be a good idea to attack me with ice.

"Be serious, please. I want to get these cookies done."

He held up his hands in surrender, but he had the face of an eight-year-old plotting something evil. His childish ways never lead to anything good in the past.

I gave him the look. The one that says 'don't pull anything stupid,' and he just smiled and sat still.

"Can I lick the bowl?"

"No you cannot lick the bowl. I'm licking the bowl," I stated matter-of-factly. Everyone knows the baker gets to lick the bowl.

"But-"

"You can have the spoon," I cut him off before he could start debating.

"Deal," he said happily.

I just shook my head and laughed it off as I continued getting out all of the ingredients.

I followed my favorite cookie recipe and mixed all of the ingredients together until the dough was looking delicious enough to eat. I was tempted to just sit there and spoon all of it in my mouth until my stomach gets sick, but I stopped myself before I could.

I formed each dough-ball and lined them up on two pans that were already set out with baking sheets.

All that was left was the remnants of cookie dough smeared all over the bowl and spoon. I could see Damien eying it from the corner he was sitting in.

I put the cookies in the oven and set the timer to the best of my ability. My hands were covered in cookie dough, so it was hard to press the buttons without making everything dirty and sticky.

I walked back over to the counter where the bowl was sitting and to my surprise, Damien was still sitting where he was before. I figured he would lunge at the opportunity to steal the bowl away from me while I was busy putting the cookies in.

I turned around and eyed him curiously because he was staring back at me just as intently.

He then got up and walked over to me, backing me up against the counter. He smirked down at me and placed both of his hands on the counter on either side of me. I was trapped between the countertop and his body, but it was a place I was more than okay to be in.

I looked up at him, wondering what his next move was going to be. He wrapped his hand around my wrist and brought it up to eye level between us. His smoldering eyes looked into my own as he brought his mouth down and around my finger.

His tongue was licking at the cookie dough as he slowly and tantalizingly sucked on my finger. It was the hottest thing I have ever seen, and I instantly got hard watching him.