Chapter 1 - life changes

I woke up and felt a dreadful pain in my elbow

I woke up and felt a dreadful pain in my elbow. Where was I and why was I even still alive?

I looked around and was surprised at what I saw. I was lying on a huge double bed in shades of deep red with golden lace. I looked around the rest of the room. It was all old looking. Cherry wood furniture. The room was huge and looked like a rich family lived here. At the far end of the room, opposite the bed was a desk filled with papers. I grabbed the first thing I saw.

"Violet" a voice said startling me.
"Yes..?" I jumped around immediately dropping the paper. It was the boy with the honey golden hair and the bright blue eyes. I was so shocked. But then I had that feeling again. I felt strong. I felt the fire in me. I felt it coming closer to the surface. If that makes sense...

"Don't touch me" I said. I put a hand in front of me to stop him from coming closer.

"Don't worry I don't want to hurt you. Ever..." He said.
"And that's exactly why you kidnapped me, right?" I teased.

"Listen" he said. " it's not that simple. Just promise me you'll listen?" He said,  the lines on his forehead creasing.

" why should I listen?" I said annoyed. He couldn't possible be serious.

"Look I know your probably wondering why your alive but we're not who you think we are" he said.

" so your not part of the M. E. ?" I asked truly confused.

"You know what they're called?" He asked in surprise.

" well only the initials. It's always on their leather jackets. I see it everything they try to kidnap me. Why so surprised?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"I didn't think you would really pay attention to that" he said. " not many people on the run are observers"

" well I had to find out who was trying to kill me the whole time so I would have a chance. Or at least so I knew if someone followed me if it was just a normal person or the M. E." I said.

" but it doesn't say M. E.  On my jacket" he noted.

" but you were in a car. But whatever. Can we get to the point so I can go" I said.

" oh you won't be leaving so soon" he said almost regretting it. I started to panic and felt the fire rise to the surface again. He started to stare at me wide eyed.

" what ?" I exclaimed. He looked down to my hands. There was green fire coming out of my hands. I jumped and tried to shake the fire off. But it didn't work.

" we'll have to work on that big time" he said and waved his hand about. I suddenly felt lighter and realized that the fire was gone.

"How did you !?" I exclaimed in shock.

" did you ever give it some thought that your not the only one like you out there?" He asked. He started walking up to me. He stopped right in front of me. It made me lose my breath for a second. I gulped as I felt his breath on my eyelashes.

"I'm just like you, you know. And there are others like us here too" he said.

" what is this place. Why am I here?" I asked. I was so shocked. All this time I had been running. Never giving some thought to the idea that there could really be people just like me. I was always so alone.

" this is an institute for elementals. Elementals from the Latin word elementari. And you are here because you are an elemental. And one of the most  powerful ones" he answered.

" elemental? We have names? What is this ? A fandom?" I asked sarcastically.

" no " he snorted. " I'm serious. It's about time you learned about who you are and what you can do. And most importantly how to control your powers. I can sense the anger in you. It's always there. Just like your red hair your always on fire" he examined.

" my hairs not red because I'm angry. It just genetic" I said angrily. As if I could do anything about it.

" your parents don't have red hair so it's not exactly genetic" he replied smartly. But how did he know. Sarah, my mother had blond hair. Almost white like snow. And my father Seth had blond hair going into grey. But Sarah was gone so how did he know.

" how do you know about Sarah and Seth's hair color ?" I asked a little hurt having to say that name as it was her blood on my hands.

" Sarah and Seth aren't your... Oh " he stopped as if saying something wrong.
" research" he corrected himself.

" you were saying something else. Tell me" I said.

" I can't " he looked away.

" listen..." I started.

" josh " he finished for me.

" yeah listen josh, if you I know something I should or shouldn't know or if it's got something to do with me or Sarah or Seth or ..." I ranted on.

" so stubborn. Your just like him " he smiled. What was he talking about. Everything was a secret and mysterious.

I just rolled my eyes. God was he mysterious but it was ever so annoying.
"So is there anything that you will answer?" I asked annoyed.

"Yes" he said and crossed his arms.

"And that is ?" I asked and crossed my arms as well.

"Our location " he said running a hand through his golden hair.

" yeah...?" I continued.

" Scotland. In the institute of elementals"

" great help because I know exactly where that is " I rolled my eyes. " is there even anyone here who will answer my important questions?"

" yeah. But he'll come when he's ready" he said. Why did everything have to be so mysterious here. " but first let me introduce you to a few others like us" he said happily.

" whatever" I said and followed him out the big great oak door.