Chapter 9- Forever

I couldn't sleep that night. I was excited that my parents were alive, angry that Mike didn't tell me and sad that they had been suffering all those years because of me. I tossed and turned. Then something crazy happened. I wasn't sure if it was real or a dream.
" foolish child. Don't you know that you are just sacrificing yourself by coming here!" The voice laughed a real creepy evil laugh.
" I don't care! I would  do anything for them, like they did for me and mike!" I shouted to the voice in my dream. I couldn't see the thing but just hearing it I wanted to rip it to pieces there and then.
" courage, child is the thing that got your stupid parents here in the first place! And as for your so called loving brother! If your parents were really alive, wouldn't a normal loving brother tell his little helpless sister this?" The voice hissed with delight.
" shut up! Don't talk about my parents like that! And Michael's just confused!" I exclaimed.
" rude children just end up dead in this world. We have no use for them!" The voice bellowed.
" useless children. I am a fortress Elemental! Call that useless!" I laughed with rage but it scared me how this thing could make me so angry so I stopped, disgusted.
" ahh! Fortress or not you are merely just a porn in my plan" he chuckled. But I could sense doubt.  And I suddenly felt better. I found a weak spot.
"Why do you even have my parents?" I exclaimed.
" in time you will understand" the voice hissed. " but now I must go! I sense a new presence in the room!"
Who would be here at this time in my room. The connection stopped. And the minute it did it felt like it was being ripped out my head. I jolted up and cried out in pain.
"Violet!" A familiar voice called and ran to me.
" get out if my" I started. " josh?" I collapsed into his arms.
" yeah. I got you" he smiled. He moved a strand of hair out of my face.
" they... They really are alive. The voice just said it!" I said breathing heavily.
" who ? Who is the voice ?" He asked still stroking my hair.
" he's from the malum" I said.
" he said they were alive?" He asked. " why would he admit that?"
"Because he said I was just a porn in his master plan" I sighed.
" I see"
" josh" I bit my lip. I couldn't believe u was going to ask him this. " am I going to die?" I cried into his shoulder.
" violet" he said gripping my shoulders, forcing me to look in his eyes. "You know I would never let anyone ever hurt you"
" josh" I nearly gasped. We were still looking at each other. Then he suddenly got closer.
" you know that right? " he said. He was inches away.
" josh" I couldn't help but sob. Why was I always like this around him. Weak, my feeling open like a book and I couldn't close it. " i don't want you to say that. All the people I've loved died trying to save me. I've never had anyone for... Forever"
" I will always..." He wiped my tears.
" be by your side. Forever" he hugged me. Instinctively, I pulled him closer. I needed him. I felt my heart beat like crazy. We stayed like that until I fell asleep again. I was glad that I didn't have anymore horrible dreams. I slept like a rock.  I was so glad. I was so relieved. I had someone so special, so loving like josh.  He was truly the best thing that had ever happened to me in my life. Him being there for me as a friend. This was the time I needed him the most....