Chapter 12 - forget it

🍃Josh's POV🍃:

What was I thinking touching Violet like that ! Why would I say something like that to confuse her ? I couldn't help but think what she was thinking now. After she had backed away at my touch I knew she didn't feel the same way. She didn't love me. I paced my room some more.

Then I couldn't take it anymore.   I couldn't take thinking about her long pretty red hair and her emerald green eyes. The feeling of arm, jaw line and lips. I wanted more.

" shut up josh!" I muttered to myself. I sat on my bed. I reached under my pillow to where I kept it.
The letter. I read it again and again and again. I traced the words with my fingers until I reached the words:
I love you.

Hatred ran through my veins. How could he? What did he want? How could he say he loved me when he left me with my mum all those years ago and say he 'loved me'?
Arthur Fields... My father. I hated him. I would never forgive him for leaving me and my mother.

But then my predictions arose in my mind again. His cold blue eyes were just like mine. His blond going into grey hair was the same shade as mine. Was he my ?

No! Captin wasn't my father, he couldn't be! Or could he ?
I mean no one knew his real name. For all I knew he could be.

I clenched fists at my sides. I couldn't take all these thoughts in my mind. I was the total opposite from violet. Everyone wanted to protect her and everyone who ' loved me' betrayed me. It was sick.

Then I got up and took a shower trying to mentally wash away all these thoughts out of my mind. Then like I always did when I had these uncontrollable thoughts I went down into the training room.

I walked up to one of the punching bags. I started punching at it. At first they were all normal punches. But then I started to release my anger.

I punched and I punched until I realized that I was bleeding. But I didn't care. I carried on.

This ones for leaving us. This one for never coming back. This one for never saying a word. This one for saying that you supposedly love me. This one for lying that you love her. This one for saying that you miss us...

I kept on punching until my hands were sore. Now they were bleeding  a lot. But it was worth it. I felt almost pleased. I gave it one last punch of victory but was blasted back by my own strength. I sat up, confused at what had just happened. My left arm was burning like crazy. I lifted my left arm to my eyes. There was the mark from Violet. The round shape that way usually green was now red as if it were on fire or something. I dared to touch it. It burned more and I cried out in pain.

" what the ..." I exclaimed as I looked up at the remains of the picking bag. There was to be precise only blue dust left at my feet. The punching bag had totally been destroyed by the mark.

The mark had this much power ?
I didn't even want to imagine how much power Violet had if the curse only a quarter of her power.
I tried to get up but I was too shaken up. I tried to heal my hand  but I knew it was pointless.

" Josh?" I heard a voice from the far end of the training room. Then I heard the foot steps getting louder as they ran up to me. I tried to make out who was there but all I saw was a blur.

" josh !" The voice cried. " what did you do to yourself ?!"
" Violet?" I whispered.
" Josh it's okay. I'm here now. I'm going to try and heal you okay?" She said taking my hands.

" it won't work" I said my voice cracking. " I already tried "
but to my amazement the familiar light of the healing spell filled the room.

" how did you ?" I asked in amazement as I managed to see clearly again.
" know that you were injured. I don't really know. I felt the same pain as my mark lighted up. I was guessing something had happened to you since I was fine " she said still holding my hands. I tried to avoid the feeling of sparks in my hands when she touched me.

" curse that mark " I grunted. " I'm fine now"
She almost looked disappointed.
" josh I was meaning to talk to you " she started.
" me too " I knew exactly where this was headed. It was about yesterday. I knew she didn't feel the same way about me but she was still the most beautiful person I had ever seen in my eyes. The most beautiful angel. I knew she didn't feel the same way so I already knew what was coming.
" about yesterday..." She started  but I cut her off.
" I know. Just forget it. I was just caught up in the moment" I lied. I didn't want her to feel guilty for me.
She hesitated as if she were taking this all in. She blinked and then turned away.
" umm. Okay" her small voice cracked . But there was a bit of disappointment in her voice.
" come on " I said wanting to get away from this weird awkward feeling. " let's go"
" but josh" she started again.
" don't worry. I've already forgotten" I lied. How could I ever forget that. I could never forget that feeling even if I wanted to.

She didn't dare look up at me. Then she got up still not looking at me.
" fine " she said. And took my arm around her neck. Instantly when I felt my skin on hers it was like fireworks. We both stumbled through the maze if corridors of the castle until we reached our rooms.
" thanks again " I said awkwardly.
" anytime " she said and opened the door to her room.
Then she was gone. I opened the door to my room and flung myself on the bed.
" urghhh" I grunted. Everything was so crazy right now. I closed my eyes hoping that I would get a decent sleep. And I fell asleep, the last image in my mind being Violet.