Chapter 8 - don't tell

I tried to act like nothing happened. But at those things...I was terrible.  I just stayed quiet and did what I was told.  But like I said, I was rubbish.
" okay let's try again" josh said. " try to concentrate "
But I couldn't. These thoughts kept flooding my mind. They're still alive, they must be badly injured, all because of me, when will I see them?!

" violet!" Josh said. " are you okay?"
" um Yh. My head is just somewhere else today" I replied.
" Yh I noticed. Look, if it's about yesterday, I'm sorry.  My name is Jeremy, and the captin is the only one who knows. I just. Wanted. To keep things. Normal. And not remind myself of my dad. He always called me that" his head sunk.  I walked over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder.  He looked up.
" why does it have to be so hard" I said.
" I don't know" he said.
                    •             •             •

In my room, I sat on my bed. Mike came to visit me.
" hi"
"Hi" I replied.
" how's training?"
" urrr..."
" I get it, it was hard for me too"
It wasn't particularly  hard, it was hard concentrating. How could I.
1. I was the strongest elemental
2. My parents were alive and I had to stay here.
3. Josh was so...wait what.
And I was distracted again, making lists of what I was distracted of...
" Violet?" Mike Said for the 3rd Time. 
"Oh" was all i could say. "Yeah. I'm just kinda out of it" I said " is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked, placing a hand on his. He shook his head. What! He had nothing to say? Oh I think you do! Maybe something like... Our parents are alive.
" you sure?" I asked again.
" no. Why?"
" I'm not the only one who is distracted, you know"
"Oh" he sighed.

                          •        •       •

Training:
I walked into the room. Josh was there, reading a letter.
" Urm, hi" I said.
"Hey" he said, putting the letter back in his pocked.
" you ready?" He asked.
"Yep" I lied.
" okay. So you can control your water element and fire. We still have earth and wind" he explained. " we will start with wind"
"Okay"
" like with the other elements, you will use your hand"
My hands...
My hands were sore and red all over. Cut and bruised from all the everyday power-using.
"Your hands ?" He said taking one and running it in his.  I felt a rush through me. He touched me.
" it's from all the powers. You get it the worst though. Your a fortris" he said as a white light appeared around our hands. At first I wanted to remove my hand but than he said.
" stop trying to run. It's my earth element. I can heal you" he said in a soft voice. He then let my hands slowly fall.
" thanks" I said. He was looking in my eyes, but it was too much so I looked away.
" the wind element is one of the strongest. You can creat loads of things, like this" he said and swiftly lifted his hand, throwing a sandy ball coloured thing towards me. My hair swished up in all directions. There was a glow in the room.
" what? What was that?" I asked.
" it's something we use to ' blow our enemies away'" he explained. " but with you I used it so lightly, so nothing could happen"
" how did you... Get so much power?" I asked, astonished.
" training" he shrugged.  " your turn. Like I said, use your hands, both of them to creat enough power as possible. Then when you feel like it's ready, let it go. I put up some targets " he said leading me towards the other side of the room.
" okay... Here goes nothing"
I Liftes my hands and did what he told me to do. The first time failed.
" you need to concentrate !" He said over the noise of my second mini hurricane. Suddenly all the the noise, light and wind was gone. I fell to the ground. Josh was by my side faster than I could see.
"Do you want to try again?" He asked.
" how can I!" I yelled. It felt like the pain I imagined watching your parents die. I was to small to remember.
" what's wrong?" He asked. Worry filled his eyes.  I held my knees to my chin like a little child. It felt like something was going to explode inside me.
" they..." I started. I bit my lip. I tasted blood in my mouth. It tasted like metal, Cold.
"They..." I cried. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth.
" they're still alive...!" I screamed. My hands were balled into fists.
" and....and he didn't tell me!"
" do you mean?" He started.  I sobbed and nodded. But I was crying normally. The tears were big and bright blue. The splattered as they hit the ground. After a while a little stream was forming. I jumped up and stared at it.
"What? Why?" I shouted.
" elemental thing" he laughed. " guess with you it gets more extreme"
" I...I need to find them" I cried remembering what just happened. I didn't want to cry I front of josh. I wanted to show him how powerful I was.
" how do you know?" He asked.
" I heard mike say it to  captin!"   I cried.
" maybe he was just saying that to make you train harder" he sighed.
" who would joke about that!" I screamed. " of course they're alive!"
" but we don't know where to look!" He sighed again.
"I know but we can find out where the malum elemental's hideout is. Of course they'll be there!"
" it's way too dangerous! It might be a trap to get you there and take what they want!" He said.
" why would my brother do that?!" I exclaimed.
"Okay" he said blankly.
" okay?" I repeated.
"Looks like we're going on a mission but first we need to train you up to prepare you for the worst
...."