Chapter 3 - double truth

"This is my room" he said, as we stopped outside his door, the room I had woken up in.

"all the rooms look the same, really" he continued. But I could still bring nothing to my lips.

"There are only 5 people on this floor" he said, leading me down the hall to the next two doors. We stopped at the door next to his.

" this is Terra's room" he said. I grunted as I was dreading being on the same floor as her.

" that's Sean's room. Down there is Michael's room. And this is your room" he said and we stopped at the room opposite his.

" my room?" I asked. I was almost confused.

" yeah" he laughed and opened the door for me.

The room was the nicest room I had ever seen

The room was the nicest room I had ever seen. Everything looked old but beautiful. There was a small closet in one of the corner of the room. It was blue and had Matt white patterns around the big mirror in the middle. There was a light pink dress hanging on it. It looked so beautiful and exquisite. It looked as if it had costed a fortune. I instantly found myself next to the dress and already had the soft material in my hands. It felt heavenly.

" we stocked up your closet. I hope you like the clothes " josh said from behind. I looked at him through the mirror.

" they're perfect " I smiled back.

Then I turned to my bed. It had white and light blue sheets. All the furniture was white. My desk, the bed, the chairs except for the light blue closet which matched the bed and the floral wallpaper. I loved it. I did a little swirl and observed my room like a little girl pretending to be a princess. But I felt like a real princess with all the luxury which I had never had before.

As I finished my swirling I realized I had two doors in my room.

" there are two doors" I stated in confusion.

" that's your bathroom " Josh said pointing at the door.
" I'll leave you to get cleaned up now"

" are you just saying that or do I really look that bad?" I said playfully.

"Not at all" he said as I began to trace the material of the dress again. It was almost like a nervous habit.

" you like that ?" He asked.

" yeah " I said deep in thought.

" it's for the anniversary ball" he said.
"it's in a couple of weeks"

" a ball? And I will be attending ?" I asked in shock. This gloomy place had parties and happy celebrations ?

" yes. You are now one of us. Your part of the C. E. Now. The caelestibus elementari to be precise. But you can just call us the lux elementals for short" he said knowingly. I stared at him. He was so cleaver and seemed to know everything.

" what?" He asked after I stared at him for awhile

" oh nothing I was just thinking " I said honestly and was a little embarrassed. His gaze was behind me and I followed it. The dress.

" it would look great on you" he said which made me blush hard. I looked away to hide it.

" than-" I started but was interrupted by a knocking on the door.

" yes " we both said in unison. The door opened and talk boy entered.

" hi...." The boy said.

" hi " I said back in confusion. He was looking at me as if I should know something which I obviously once again didn't.

" I'm Michael..." He said as if that would explain everything.

" I'm Violet " I said back, even more confused. Josh looked confused at me for the first time.

" that old goat must of left out the most important part " Josh muttered.

" old goat?" I questioned with amusement. I liked it when he was angry. It was almost funny.

" Violet this is Michael, Michael Roads. Your brother. The only other survivor of the Roads family" he said.

" my... My brother?" I said but it sounded more like a question. My hands began to shake and I was once again angry but confused.

" I think we have a lot of catching up to do" Michael said.

" yes, yes I think we do" I said hysterically.