Let the Truth Come Out

Harry’s POV
          Niall walks in and you can tell something is wrong. Zayn, pops right into my head; I wonder how bad it is. I want to be able to tell him about everything and today I am.
            “Haz,” he says before pecking me on the lips.
            “Hey, Ni,” I say an actual smile on my face.
            “I have something to tell you.”
            “I do, too, but you can go first,” I say.
            “Okay, I found out that Zayn is in serious condition. One of his kidneys failed and they need to see if his remaining one is okay. Liam is a mess. He has been crying and angry. I don’t know if it is possible to console him.”
            “That sucks,” I say and I feel brave.
            “What did you want to tell me?”
            “Liam’s sister is cutting,” I say and that isn’t what I wanted to tell him, but that was true as well.
            “What?”
            “She told me this morning.”
            “We need to tell Liam.”
            “Not right now you just told me how much of a mess he is. You can’t make him sadder than he already is. He has been through enough today.”
            “I know.”
            “There is something else,” I say and I feel the tears.
            “What is it, Haz?”
            “I’m abused by my mom’s boyfriend. He is 6’3 and he is so nice to her. I can’t tell her; she would be devastated. I won’t do it, but I hate going to see her now. I love her and I don’t know what I’m going to do.”
            “I’m sorry, Haz,” he says pulling me into a hug.
            He sobs. I could see that this is really hurting him. I feel bad. I mean I love him and I care about him. I don’t want him to hurt like this.
            “Remember the promise I made; please don’t break it,” he says tears starting to fall from his beautiful grayish-blue eyes.
            “I promise. I love you too much to leave you,” I say and that was the truth; I wanted to stay with Niall.
            He kisses me. He pulls out and wipes the tears from his eyes. I tap the spot next to me and he sits down. I look at him and he lies down. I snuggle up to him and he puts his head on mine. I loved it, but more than that I love him.
            “I love you,” I say.
            “Love you, too,” he says back and kisses me one last time.
            I couldn’t believe how easy it was to say I love you to the Irish lad. I loved him and that was the only thing that seemed to make since to me. I’m glad that he wants me to be okay and I’m glad I can call him mine.