Let the Odds Be Ever in

Louis’s POV

          We see Zayn and Niall walk out of the room. Niall is crying. What is going on? Zayn is shaking his head slowly. We stop. Niall walks up and punches Liam. I understand why, but I would never hurt Liam. I am in love with Liam and I haven’t told him yet. I have watched Niall and Harry come out, but I don’t have the self-will to do it.

            “Sorry,” Niall says his voice breaking.

            “I deserved that,” Liam says making me want to punch him.

            “Harry is going into surgery. He has internal bleeding.”

            “I can’t believe I was so stupid. Why did I do that?” Liam says about to cry.

            “It’s okay,” I say hoping it won't happen.

            “No, it isn’t. I’m so sorry Niall. I shouldn’t have been so stupid. This was not even that bad. I want you to know that I hold nothing against him. I was just being a horrible person,” Liam says and that is it. I am not going to take this.

            “Shut up!” I yell taking them by surprise.

            “Why?” Liam says.

            “You are a great person. You made a mistake. I have made plenty of those. Harry won’t hate you. You know him. I was just being arrogant when I hurt him. He understands. I am not going to stand here and listen to you tear yourself down,” I say and I know I am about to tell him. It’s going to happen.

            Liam looks at me funny. I feel embarrassed. This is going to happen isn’t it? Niall looks at Zayn who I believe figured out what’s going on. I bite to lip trying to knock myself out of it.

            “Thanks,” Liam says making this an awkward moment

            I couldn’t help it. I hug Liam. I am going to kiss him. I know it. I pull out and I know what is going to happen. I lean in and kiss Liam. I pull out. I feel tears. I feel my legs running. This can’t be happening. I need to think.  I run into a random room. I see a girl. She had blonde-brown hair and green eyes. She smiles at me.

            “I’m sorry,” I say.

            “It’s okay. Aren’t you from One Direction?” she asks.          

            “Yep,” I say.

            “Are you okay?”

            “I’m in love with Liam.”

            “Lilo,” she says and that makes me smile.    

            “I wish, he’s not gay,” I say full of dismay.

            “Give him a chance; you never know,” she says.

            “Thanks,” I say still not wanting to believe her.

            “Why are you at a hospital in London?”

            “We are staying at a hotel in London for New Year’s this year and Harry came. Liam was mad at him for a stupid reason and beat him up, so now he’s going into surgery.”

            “Why would Liam do that?”

            “That is what all of us want to know.”