Chapter 14.

Sasume ran along the buildings closing her eyes, she sensed that Zuri found Ichigo midway through a fight. Her brows furrowed, she sensed Zuri’s heart beat increase a long with her reiatsu. Sasume was an empath so she knew that Zuri was flustered about something, Ichigo maybe?

Sasume sensed they had some strong feelings for each other whether they were hatred or love. She knew that in the end Zuri’s fate with take a fatal turn but for now she didn’t know which way.

One of Sasume’s powers was to control water and use if for healing, she could also feel people’s feelings through their reiatsu and sometimes see into the future. But with she could never really control when she saw into the future it would suddenly just happen.

Sasume stopped and looked up toward the sky, she sensed someone’s presence, whoever it was, was extremely strong and hand an incredible amount of reiatsu. Whoever it was was walking in the exact opposite direction of all the fights.

Sasume looked ahead glancing up at the tower that held Rukia; the tower would drain her power if she were to approach it. But Rukia was her friend so she was willing to do anything for her.

Rukia I promise we will save you” Sasume thought to herself.

---------Someone else ----------

Miho glared ahead at her opponent. It was the 10th Squad Captain, Captain Toshiro Histugaya.

“It’s been a while, Toshiro” Miho smirked at the boy with silver hair.

“It’s Captain Histugaya to you” he shouted annoyed.

“Oh but it isn’t” Miho mumbled “I’m here to save Rukia, and no-one will get in my way!”

He gritted his teeth.

Miho tightened her hold on her Zanpakuto and jumped toward Toshiro, her sword slamming against his. Miho pulled her sword back, disappeared and reappeared behind Toshiro, he was fast and dodged her attack, also aiming one of his own at her, but she dodged that one.

“This is getting nowhere” Miho growled.

Miho placed both of her hands on her Zanpakuto and her reiatsu exploding outwards.

What powerful reiatsu” Toshiro though gasping “It even burns the air

“Burn within my fiery soul, Akiko!” Miho shouted releasing her bankai.

Fire erupted all around Miho, her fiery soul exploded out fire and extremely hot reiatsu. It was so made the hair burn and leave small kiss marks along Toshiro’s cheeks.

Toshiro growled in anger, and then he grabbed his Zanpakuto “Sit upon the frozen heavens Hyorinmaru”

Wings made of the coldest ice sprouted out from Toshiro’s back, an ice dragon formed on the handle of his sword; altogether he resembled an ice dragon. The strongest ice bankai in all of Soul Society.

The fight would be between the legendary fire-girl and the legendary ice-boy. Miho winced as some of Toshiro’s Zanpakuto’s ice crystals melted against her warm skin. Toshiro ran toward Miho aiming his Zanpakuto for her shoulder, she blocked it with her Zanpakuto, the sizzling noise was heard.

It was from the fire and ice meeting. These two were never made for fighting each other.

Miho’s fire melted Toshiro’s ice, but whenever she did this, his ice would just reappear again. Miho growled, this fight was going no-where.

Toshiro and Miho kept slamming their Zanpakuto against one another. The clang on metal hitting one another was the only sound that echoed around them.

“I know your moves, Miho” Toshiro smirked at the red haired girl.

Miho gritted her teeth “You won’t know this move”

Miho placed both hands on her Zanpakuto and shouted “Eternal Flame, Akiko”

Fire erupted around Toshiro, engulfing him in a ring of fire; his ice would have no time to form back with Miho’s Eternal Flame attack.

In the blink of an eye Toshiro escaped from the Eternal Flame and swooped down slashing Miho’s shoulder.

“No-one’s escaped, Eternal Flame before” she mumbled, holding her shoulder.

Toshiro looked down at her with his serious eyes.

Miho looked up at him glaring “You have just helped killed your friend; Rukia Kuchiki!”

That stunned Toshiro because his eyes widened. He never noticed it before but he was helping kill Rukia. Frozen to the spot, the ice around Toshiro melted as he approached Miho. She still held some warmth in her.

Reaching his hand out he looked at her “I don’t want to fight an old friend.”

Miho finally smiled at Toshiro, he remembered. Miho’s vision started to go blur she fell into Toshiro’s arms unconscious.

“I’ve missed you, baka-onna(idiot woman)” Toshiro mumbled under his breath as he glanced down at the beautiful fiery girl.