Chapter 7

The next few days pass in a blur until it is time to go to Al Pull

The day of Al Pull I jump out of bed extra preppy and put on my cutest bathing suit. I do everything I need to, and then do my hair extra nice. I had asked Fredward to come, but he said he couldn't go. It was slightly sunny, but the weather had to be different at Al Pull. I heard the vroom of an engine and sure enough my ride was here. All through the ride everyone basically laughed. When we got to Al Pull it was sunny! And the waves were big. I grab a surf-board and surf for about an hour with another boy that came with us. I swim into shore because I see a couple of boys from the reservation here were on the beach.

I walk up to them, there are three. Two are occupied by other girls, so I start talking to the last one. He is really tall and he has long black hair. He tells me his name: Jack, how old he is:15 and that he builds: cars. So then people start asking me why I invited Fredward and one of the boys say the Cullens don't come here. To change the subject I tried to talk about homework (something I would normally never do, but I had to, I mean I had nothing else to talk about.) Finally Jack and I decide to break off from the group, because many were going up to the tide pools. I had seen them too many times here when I was little. So Jack and I walk along the beach and I flirt a lot, a lot I mean more than usually. We come to a tree stump and he tells me to sit down. "Do you wanna hear an old legend?"

"Sure" I say back trying to sound interested

"Well, when my friend Sam back there was talking about how the Cullens didn't come here it was based off of a legend. My great ancestors had once discovered these creatures, the hot-ones. They had been hunting on my great-grandfathers land but, they were different from other hot-ones. These did not feed off of humans, like others, the fed off of animals. And the real mystery was whether the hot-ones were the Cullens are not."

"Why are they called the hot-ones?" I say to him, trying to not fall asleep. The only thing keeping me awake is the fact that Freward might be in this story.

"Well, the legend says their skin was hot like fire."

Now it starts raining so we walk back, and the group goes home.