Chapter 8

A/N A nice fatty chapter for yall, with a slight cliff hanger.~Mik

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days at school pass fast except for biology, gym, and one lunch period. That lunch period Fredward had me come over and sit with him alone. He kept talking to me about how he wasn't good for me and that I would get hurt. I just kept saying things like: hmmm and yup. I was too distracted by his voice, beauty and smell to pay attention to anything else. The one part of the lunch that was like totally awesome was when Fredward asked if I needed a ride to Seattle. I was originally going to Seattle because I needed some kind of actual beach and a tan. It was horrifying, this morning I woke up and my tan was not slightly orange, it was a tan peach! Anyway I said yes!

I have gotten asked to the dance several times, it was too bad because I was going to Seattle with Fredward. Jessie Bell and Helena needed dresses so I promised them that I would go down with them to Port Demon. I also wanted to get a tribal book to find more about the hot-ones. So this morning the group of us all pile up into Helena's car and are driving down to Port Demon when the oddest question comes up. Helena asks Jessie Bell if she really likes her date to the dance. Jessie Bell didn't answer.

We quickly find the dress shop, despite my map skills. I am so itching to get to a book store.....is that normal? Anyway Jessie Bell chose out this hot pink dress and Helena is still deciding so I'm just gonna head to the book store.

I get this map from in front of the book store and start walking. It seems like I keep getting farther away from town because there is less and less stores. As I'm walking I pass this group of four or five (I think) guys who appear to be drunk so I try to walk away and I do, but they said something like see you later babe.

I have been walking forever, but I can't find a book store! It's getting really dark and I can't find my way back. I keep walking hoping that I can find a new map because I kind of got frustrated and threw my map in the garbage. Just then I could here something, I started to walk forward again, and I see the guys that I saw earlier walking toward me. I turned around and started to run back the way I came, but they run after me. They catch me and keep saying things like "pretty thang" with that really stupid Jersey accent. Then I hear a car. I turn to face the direction it's coming from, it's Fredward. He says "Get in the car Emma"

I can't believe this. Fredward just saved me. "Keep me preoccupied" he says to me.

"Why?"

"I'm about ready to go back and seriously put the hurting on those guys back there. "

"Why?"

"If you heard what they were thinking!" I can hear the rage in his voice, but I don't know why because they called me pretty.

"Wait, you heard what they were thinking?"

"Well, yes"

"Well, what am I thinking?" Whoa he can read minds awesome!

"Uhh, I can't really read yours though. It's like I always hear songs that I don't like, but my favorite songs I never hear anymore. P.S. You're my favorite song."

"Could you take me home" I am really tired, I keep fighting my eyes to stay awake.

"Don't you want something to eat?" He looks startled

"No I'm not hungry." My stomach was in knots and I wasn't gonna throw up because I wanted to spend more time with Fredward, even though I really want to.

The car was extremely cold so I went to touch the heat knob and my hand and Fredward's touch. His hand was so hot it was almost burning. I remember Jack telling me about how they were steaming hot, they never eat, and don't vampires feed off of humans and like fairies infested with rabies? I finally knew what Fredward was. He was either a fairy, or a vampire. I'm gonna go with my gut instinct. "I know what you are."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Comment, Vampire or Fairy??? ~Mik