Chapter 9

He was either a fairy, or a vampire. I'm gonna go with my gut instinct. "I know what you are."

"What am I?" He said this with the most playful tone.

"You're extremely hot"

"Why thank you"

"Not that way. Your skin -- it's burning, and you never eat or drink. I heard your house was in the woods, you're never at school when it's sunny and you talk like you're from when Jesus was born."

"So, what's your point?"

"You're a fairy"

"Really? I'm not a fairy! Think really hard Emma what am I"

"I'm pretty sure you're a fairy"

"For the love of auuuhhh! I'm not a fairy Emma I'm a vampire!"

"Whoa, that's like totally awesome!" A vampire is like totally attracted to me, this is the best day ever!

"Now that you know, are you scared?"

"No, because you won't hurt me."

"How do you know?"

"Because you love me"

"How did you figure that out?" He seemed startled that I figured it out.

"Well, you stalked me around Port Demon and I just know boys."

"Whoa your good, so do you love me?"

I was surprised by this question, I absolutely love him, but how can we be together? "Yes."

"So are we like a couple now?" his voice ended high with the slightest bit of hope.

"Yeah I guess so."

The rest of the drive was quiet. Fredward kept asking me questions like what my favorite color was. I had no questions for him though except one, I needed to confirm my fairy theory because above all I wanted to be right. "So you're not a fairy?"

He chuckles before he answers "No, I'm not Emma."

"That's good to know."