Chapter 17

Maddies POV

I wake up to my alarm. What day is it today? Oh yeah, Friday, I've been so unhappy with my dad that I forgot what I was doing, telling Nate was the best thing I did, I had to get it off my chest. I have a quick shower and get ready for school, I then go and find mum, she has some bags packed, meaning she's going somewhere, most likely on work basis.

"Morning mum, where you off to?" I ask.

"Morning love, I'm going away on business for the weekend, I'm trusting that you will be ok on your own and don't need the neighbours to watch?" She asks.

"I'll be fine mum, I'm nearly 17 now" I say.

"Good girl, I'll be back on Monday, I gotta catch my flight, I love you sweetie" She says.

"I love you too mum, stay safe" I say, she smiles and leaves. I got a plan!

I get to school and get registered. I go to English and find a seat next to Cassie and Nat.

"Hey guys" I say.

"Morning" They say in unison and then frown at each other and I giggle. Mr Tyler walks in looking as gorgeous as always.

"Morning you lovely lot" He says, he quickly smiles at me.

"Morning sir" We say back, new school stupid rules, the teacher says 'morning' or 'afternoon' and we have to say it back to show our respect. Pointless really, who wouldn't respect good teachers like Mr Tyler?

"Ok guys, keep this between us, lets not do this new rule, it's kinda stupid" He says, at least he has our minds. "Today we will watch the film Of Mice And Men" He explains as he turns the film on.

"Hey, you two, are you free this weekend?" I ask, they discretely nod yes. "Cool, you wanna stay over mine? Mum's away on business for the weekend" I tell them. They nod at each other.

"Hell yeah, sure, we would love to, starting tonight?" Nat asks.

"Yeah, course" I answer.

"What about your boyfriend, will he stay too, it would make it better" Cassie suggests.

"Yeah, I'll ask him" I say. Mr Tyler looks up and catches us talking. I smile at him.

"Maddie, Cassidy and Nathaniel, you're talking, stay behind after class" He says then focuses on the film, that'll be my chance to ask him. After an after the lesson finishes and we stay behind.

"Sorry sir, we were discussing the weekend" Nat says.

"Yeah? What about the weekend?" Mr Tyler asks.

"Maddies mum is away for the weekend, we're gonna stay at hers, we want you to join" Cassie says. Mr Tyler looks at me, he crosses his arms over his chest and leaning against a table by his desk and sorta glares at me raising his eyebrows.

"Maddie.." He sighs looking away and back at me again. "I don't think it's that's a good idea as much as I want to, what if-" He says and I interrupt him.

"Nobody from this school lives on my street, we'll just say you're a friend, I doubt if anyone will ask" I say. There's a second or two of silence as he thinks about it and we wait for his answer.

"In that case, why not" He says quickly walking over to me and kissing my forehead.

"Great, weekend starts tonight after school, handsome" I say and nod at Cassie and Nat.

"Look forward to it sweetcheeks" He says.