Chapter 6 - Part 1

"Chloe!! Chloe!! Guess what?!" Dan yells while shaking me awake. "Talk about a rude awakening..." I mutter. "Anyway, what?"

"We have the day off!!!" Dan replies. "So we can do whatever we want!!!"

"Oh, that's nice." I say groggily. "Well aren't you excited?!"

"Well, considering you literally woke me up 2 seconds ago, I don't know yet." I say. He shrugs. "True."

"So what were you thinking about doing?" I ask, rubbing my eyes. "Well I was thinking maybe we could meet up with the other, you know, humans." he replies. I nod. "That would be cool. We could, like...um...explore or something." 

"...yeah, maybe..." Dan says. "Sorr-y, I couldn't think of anything else to say." Dan pauses and gives me a weird look. "Yeah, okay. Anyway, let's goooooo!" 

"Dan, I'm still in my pajamas." I say flatly. "Oh yeah." he replies. "...well this got awkward quickly."

I facepalm.

"Well get out so I can change and then we'll leave, alright?" I say. He nods. "Okie. Oh yeah, and the dancey ball thingie is tonight." he says. "Oh yeah...well, I'm not gonna worry about that right now. I'm too tired. Anyway, gooooooooo!" I yell and push him out.

-

I walk out of my room. "We can go now." I say to Dan. "Yay!" he cheers and stands up. He walks over to the door and opens it. "Well let's go!" 

As we walk out, I see Phil. "Phil?" I ask. "Oh hey Chloe!" he says. "...why are you just walking around?" Dan asks. Phil scratches his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, um, I was trying to find all of you and I kinda got lost." 

Dan facepalms.

"Really Phil?" he says. Phil nods. "Yeah! But now I found you guys." He pauses. "...well, half of you." I nod. "Yeah. Well let's go get Chelsea and Manny and then we can go do something I guess." I say. 

I knock on Chelsea and Manny's door. "You guys?" I ask. Chelsea opens the door. "Hey." she says. I smile and wave. "Hai! So do you and Manny wanna come with us and...do something?" I ask. "I wanna come!" Manny yells. I smirk. "Great. So Chelsea, you wanna come?" She pauses for a second but then nods. "Sure. I've got nothing better to do." 

"Yay!" I say and smile. She smiles back and walks out. "Come on, Manny." I say. "WAIT!!!" he yells and digs around a pile of clothes for a second before picking up a lime green bandana. He ties it around his head and smiles triumphantly. "There."

"Dork." Chelsea mutters. I laugh a little. "What's so funny?" Manny asks.

"Oh, nothing."