Chapter 5 - Part 2

"Now, your work today might be a little harder." Jen says. "Chloe, you might have to sit this one out because of your arm." She gestures to my arm. I nod. "Today you will be decorating the dining room for the king, who will be coming tomorrow."

"King?" Manny says. Jen nods. "Why yes! One of our creators, of course! Oh, I almost forgot!" she says and hands us envelopes. 

"What's this?" Phil asks. "Maybe you'll find out if you open it, dummy." Chelsea says sarcastically. Phil sticks his tongue out. "Guys, guys. Let's not fight, kay?" I say. "Fine." Chelsea replies. 

"...invitations?" Dan asks while observing the card. "Mm-hmm." Jen replies. "These are invitations to the party you'll be decorating for once the royal creator gets here." 

"D-do we have to bring dates?" Manny stutters nervously. "No, but you could if you want to." Jen says. "Did you have someone in mind?"

"What?! No!!" Manny replies. Dan raises an eyebrow. "Well, anyway," Jen says, "You...let's see, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...you 5 get to work. Chloe, you can help with the small things."

"Kay." I say and Jen walks out. Dan walks over to a table with various decorations on it. "Okay, I think we should start on putting these streamer things up." he says. "I'll make the place cards." I say and grab a pen. Dan nods. "Sounds good."

~Why are we skipping so much idk but let's just skip to when we're done~

Dan sighs as he stares at the dining room. "Done." he says. "I love how you say that like it was only you who did all the work." Chelsea says. "Well we should probably get home now." Phil says. Manny nods. "Yeah. Decorating dining rooms is tiring." 

I say goodbye to everyone and Dan and I walk back to our room. "I just thought of something..." I say. "What am I going to wear?"

"Does it really matter?" Dan says. "Uh, YEAH! The creator of this planet is going to be here tomorrow and I still don't even know what I'm gonna wear?!"

"Chloe, relax." he replies and puts a hand on my shoulder. I blush. "I'm sure Jen will think of something."

I sigh. "I guess." Dan smiles. "And if we do have to bring dates, I think I know who I'm taking. Sleep well."

"Kay. Night." I walk into my room and snuggle up under the covers.

Wait...what?