chapter 4

The kids and cubs climbed up as it was slowly getting dark and they were going to have their race. Akito was set to race with the cubs, once they all got together, they instantly ran to have their race.

"Hey, slowpokes, I'm winning!" Akito called to the cubs with a laugh.

"Who you calling 'slowpoke'?!" Tally called out to him with a laugh.

"Yeah and don't forget about us!" Eliza called out to him with a laugh.

Akito laughed as he raced with them and made it to their 'finish line'. "I won!"

The cubs caught up, still laughing and having fun with him.

"I've never seen a human run that fast before," Tally said, admiring Akito's speed. "You must be a superhero or something."

"Yeah, I kind of am." Akito shrugged.

"Akito, Eliza, Estelle, Vincent, and Felicity, you and the cubs and the Pokemon passed the Acacia tree!" Darwin warned them.

"Only barely..." Felicity shrugged. "Besides, we are all fine."

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." Eliza added as they continued to play with the cubs.

There was suddenly a gunshot heard, which startled them all.

"What was that...?" Felicity sounded scared all of the sudden.

"POACHERS!" Nigel cried as he was filming with Marianne, but they were interrupted from the gunshot.

"Oh, no, that sounds like it was close." Estelle said.

A helicopter was heard and was making its way toward them.

"RUN!" Eliza cried as the helicopter was coming near their direction.

The kids, chimp, and cheetah cubs all ran as fast as they could, this time for their lives and not a friendly competition. Tally seemed to be slower than the others though, due to recently growing, unlike his siblings. The light from the helicopter seemed to now stop, showing Tally, Larvitar, Vulpix, and Misdreavus. The Pokemon and cheetah cub did their best to evade the helicopter, which was a lot harder now that they were the main focus.

The light stopped, which stunned them and the helicopter lowered to take them away. Eliza, Felicity, Akito, and Vincent gasped once they saw what happened and they ran right back over as their nonhuman friends cried for them. A figure grabbed the Pokemon and the cheetah cub and carried them off as the helicopter rode off with it.

"Eliza!" Tally cried out.

"Felicity!" Misreavus cried out.

"Mama!" Teddyursa cried out to Estelle.

"Papa!" Vulpix cried out to Vincent.

"Papa!" Larvitar cried out to Akito.

The cheetah mother emerged from the grass and she saw what was happening, much to her horror, one of her cubs was being snatched away by a poacher. The five kids tried to clung to them to save them, being dragged with the helicopter. The poacher shoved them down flat on the ground as they went off with the animal and Pokemon creatures. The cheetah mother then tried to do the same, only to be knocked off as well. Eliza, Estelle, and Akito went off and grabbed onto the rope ladder for dear life.

"Guys!" Felicity cried for them, worried about what might happen to them.

"Oh, oh, Flick, Simon..." Cherry rushed over and held her two children. "Thank goodness you're safe... Where are Akito and Estelle?"

Simon pointed up to the helicopter as the twins held onto the rope ladder with Eliza. Nigel and Marianne both were in shock as were Atticus and Mo when they saw Eliza, Akito, and Estelle hang on for dear life on the rope ladder attached to the helicopter.

"Give them back!" Eliza, Akito, and Estelle demanded as the poacher climbed higher with the innocent creatures.

The helicopter light shined on them all in the eyes, purposely to blind them and make them let go.

"Deborah, we need to you to bring the Comvee straightaway immediately!" Nigel called to his elder daughter through a walkie-talkie.

"Dad, I can't, I'm kinda grounded, remember?" the cynical teenager replied.

"Debbie, now." Marianne firmly added, making her come straight over.

"They are just babies!" Estelle screamed out to the poacher. "While Misdreavus is just a kid!"

Debbie drove the Comvee with her grandmother and younger brother, struggling in the process, but managed to drive by the helicopter. Akito and Estelle climbed further while Eliza had a little trouble, not being as well experienced in adventures as her new friends were. The poacher glared to the three kids, they took out a knife and cut at the rope ladder to make them all fall.

"Oh, no, he cut the rope!" Estelle exclaimed.

The rope snapped, and the three kids fell, panicking their parents instantly, but luckily, they safely landed on the roof of the Comvee that had an inflatable cushion for them. The helicopter had gotten away, but at least Akito, Estelle, and Eliza were safe at last. The cheetah mother was devastated as she was the only parent to not be reunited with her child.

"Maman, make that thing come back!" Felicity exclaimed, pointing to the escaping helicopter.

"I'm afraid this is something Mama can't fix..." Cherry said as she held her daughter firmly and securely.

"Then we have to go after it to make it give back Tally, Larvitar, Vulpix, Teddyursa, and Midreavus!" Felicity told her mother.

"Now, now, let's go back..." Cherry said as she put Felicity to her feet.

"Maman!" Felicity whined, stomping her foot firmly.

Cherry glared back to her slightly. "Don't talk back to me!"

"Sorry, Maman..." Felicity whispered out of fear now.

"No, she has a right to talk back because that helicopter just flew off with the poachers, Tally, and our Pokemon!" Vincent glared.