chapter 19

After the storm blew over, the sun was out and they continued to ride on the trees and Debbie was now being told about her sister's long kept secret.

"You expect me to believe that a couple of years ago, you freed a warthog, but he was really a magic man who made it so you could talk to animals, but you had to keep it a secret, or else there'd be some tornado thing and you would lose your powers?" Debbie asked her sister after she was told the story.

"Well, yeah..." Eliza shrugged, that pretty much summed it all up.

"I knew it!" Debbie felt victorious. "That's why you're always sneaking out all the time with Darwin..." she then looked to the Fudo family. "But, how can you guys talk to animals?"

"Well, we were born with it and Felicity, she can only talk to animals when she's wearing the necklace that she got from the Pridelands." Estelle explained.

"I can talk to animals because my mother was Queen Athena's sister from Atlantica." Atticus added in.

"And I always could mostly due to growing up around dogs most of my life before I met him." Mo then added.

Debbie then gasped as she had an idea. "Oh, I have a few things to say to that monkey," she said to her sister. "Tell him I don't appreciate it when he leaves pizza crusts under seat cushions... Go ahead... Tell him... One of you, I don't care who."

"Debbie, I broke the rule," Eliza explained. "I told about our powers, so we lost them..."

"Yeah." Estelle frowned.

"Oh, my gosh..." Debbie dawned in realization. "You guys did that for me?"

"I can't talk to Darwin anymore..." Eliza said, feeling the most hurt. "And the last thing I said to him was really mean... Now, I-I can't even tell him I'm sorry."

Darwin saw something and started to chatter in alarm.

"Um, Eliza, we might not be able to talk to animals anymore, but I think Darwin is trying to warn us about that waterfall!" Akito warned.

"I think he's right!" Debbie cried as the waterfall pushed them.

"Get ready to jump!" Felicity told them all, panicking instantly.

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Estelle told her.

The trees were coming for the waterfall and they all jumped as high as they could to branches.

"This must be Timbo Valley." Eliza guessed.

"Wow, it looks amazing." Atticus said.

"And those poor elephants won't be able to enjoy it for long..." Mo sighed a little.

After they climbed down to safety, they hurried and still had time before the eclipse would start.

However, as they ran, they all landed through a trap in the ground and all ended up somewhere else.

"What happened?" Debbie moaned.

"I don't know," Eliza crawled, trying to look for her glasses. "But we have to get out of here."

Darwin found Eliza's glasses and gave them back to her.

"Wow, he really looks out for you." Debbie said.

"Yeah," Eliza smiled. "He's my best friend."

The others smiled to this, but their smiles faded after they heard a noise.

"The elephants!" Eliza, Estelle, and Felciity gasped.

They all ran to the end of the cavern and saw the elephants marching together due to the eclipse.