Chapter 13

Hiro's pov

I was walking home, I looked back every time I turned a corner, I finally made it to my house, I stopped in front of the door realizing there was school today, but different schedule "holy robots! I'm late! " I opened the door to get my stuff and once I did Mochi ran out the house "Mochi! Wait! Get back here! " I shouted and ran after him.

He ran across the street but made it safe, I went without looking and almost got hit by a car, I panicked and ran a bit faster, once i made it out of the street I looked around "Mochi! " I shouted, someone must've heard me cause they came up to me and said "oooh you have Mochi? Are there free samples? Can I have one? " he said with a smile, i gave him a confused look and shook my head "n-no, my cat, his name is Mochi, " I said running off to find him.

I looked in the alleys and saw a tail that looked like Mochi hiding behind a wooden board, "Mochi, don't ever run off like that again OK? " I said heading toward it, he looked behind and ran off again "Mochi! Ugh! " I ran after him again but this time I lost him "oh no.. " I face palmed in stress and sighed.

I looked around and saw a car for the animal shelter stop, I headed in that direction running and saw a guy throw a net over Mochi "hey! That's my cat! Let him go! " I shouted shoving the guy "beat it kid, your supposed to be in school, I don't care if he's yours, he was on the streets " he said picking the net up and shoving him in a cage.

"well I was chasing him, I was trying to get him back home! " I yelled trying to get Mochi, "sorry kid, next time make sure he's not near the door before you open it" he closed the back of his truck and headed for the driver seat, I ran to him "can I just buy him, right now? I need him back" I said crossing my arms, he shook his head "sorry kid, maybe in a week you can though, he needs the Contract and everything " he said sitting down and closing the door.

I watched the truck leave and saw it disappear "why me? What did I do? I've done good things and this is how life repays me..." I mumbled to myself. I looked at the time on my phone and my eyes widened, i calmed down and decided to skip school today.

I walked home and entered, I closed the door and sat down on the couch, it was silent, I went up to my room and sat down on the computer, I spun around on the chair thinking of something to do, I stopped and sighed, I looked up and saw megabot there. I thought for a bit then shook my head while closing my eyes to ignore it, I opened an eye to look at it again, i bit the bottom of my lip and kept thinking, "agh, that's it, I'm gonna do it" I sighed and turned around so I was facing the computer.

I started to type and searched for any more bot fights that I haven't been to, I came up to one and smiled, now I just have to wait till night to come.