CHAPTER 9

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"V?" Tessa calls me as me and Jasmine turn to walk towards my car.

"I have my sports practice today and since the club is near your house, it will be great if you'd drop me off." She says.

"Anytime.You needn't ask me." I say.

We trio walk towards my car and settle inside comfortably.

"So what practice is this huh?" I ask her, genuinely interested.

"Baseball practice. I have my matches coming up and I am super excited about it." She says.

"That's great! When are those games?" I ask her.

"Dates aren't finalized yet but our coach said that they are pretty soon." She shrugs.

"Practice hard, bro. You are going to win." I say, my tone lacing confidence.

"Thanks girl! By the way Jazz, what happened to you in school?" She asks her.

I look at her for a second as I can't afford to divert more attention from the road. I notice a faint smile playing on her lips which raises the exact question Tessa asked.

"I finally talked with Shane." She claps her hands excitedly.

"Who is Shane?" I ask.

"The guy I like." She says in a duh tone which makes my mouth form a O shape in understanding.

"Am I missing out something
?" Tessa pipes in.

"Well, remember the weird crush Jasmine has on a blonde whose name she did not know?" I ask her.

"Oh yes! We talked about it earlier. So you stalked him and found his name?" She asks .

"Yep." She smiles.

"Is he taken?" Tess asks.

"Let's hope he isn't." Jasmine says.

"Is he invited to this party on Friday . The twins have quite a reputation so he may be, you know?" I ask her.

" I don't know about it but I want him to come." She mumbles.

"Speaking of the party, I need a new dress.We are going dress shopping tomorrow." She says, looking at me .

"Oh boy!" I mutter and sigh heavily.

My laziness would be underestimated if I said I loved shopping. I'd prefer anything over it.
And dress-shopping with Jasmine is pure torture to my legs. Sure, I love spending time with her but there are many ways to do it other than this but she always ends up tagging me along to every single shopping day she plans.

"Man! You are so stuck with her." Tessa says and chuckles.

"Yeah, she ain't gotta a choice there." Jasmine says chuckling.

_________________

I drop them off to their respective destinations and park my car in the driveway. Walking up the stairs, I press the doorbell. The door swings open and my mom greets me.

"Hey sweetheart!" She cooes,"How was school?" She asks as usual.

"It was good.The twins are back." I say, smiling.

"Oh that's nice! By the way, what do you want for dinner? Chinese okay?" She asks me.

"Why aren't you cooking?" I ask her back.

"Just don't feel like it. Its been long since we ordered something anyway." She says, sitting besides me on the couch.

"Guess what? My laziness is genetic." I say to which she sticks out her tongue.