CHAPTER 21

|••• Violet's POV •••|

Why in the hell would Chase Reynolds do it?

Instead of voicing out the question, I think of the reason myself. Chase is Sam's friend which means he told Chase to do it which also means that he is indirectly the culprit.

Hallelujah! Everything now falls into pieces.

"Chase is in your group, isn't he?" I ask him, narrowing my eyes to see any expression of guilt. "You asked him to do it, didn't you?" I raise my voice.

"I didn't even know it." Sam justifies.

I scrutinize his face to prove his claim of innocence faulty but the only thing I realize is how bad I am at reading faces.

"Then why would he do it huh?" I argue back.

"I...uh.....It was a mistake, ok ? You gotta trust me." He says.

"Do you have any idea how unreasonable you sound right now?" I ask him.

"Do you trust me?" He asks me back.

Do I trust him?

"Give me a reason to trust you." I say, shrugging.

"You do not trust me, I get it." He says and turns to walk away angrily.

"Where do you think you're going?" I yell.

"Its utterly pointless to justify myself when you don't trust me." He yells back and leaves.

"Can he get anymore jerkier?" I irritably ask to no one in particular.

"Jerkier?" Michael muses, suddenly making me acknowledge his presence.

I take note of his comment and glare at him.

"I was amused by your choice of word." He says, raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Whatever." I scoff.

"Look, he seriously was unaware. Chase just confessed about doing it yesterday." He says earnestly.

"Fine! Lets believe it as of now. What I don't get it is why would he do it?" I ask him.

"That is something only he can tell." He says, lowering his gaze.

"Why are you avoiding eye contact? Can you please just elaborate?" I request him.

"What do you wanna know?" He says now looking at me.

"Sam said it was a mistake. What was he talking about?" I ask.

"Long story short - he was about to do that in a different locker but he accidently did it in yours." He explains.

"Its not excusable!" I raise my voice while he just shrugs.

"Whose locker did he aim?" I ask him.

"It was locker no 315. He planned it long ago but when he finally decided to do it, he did it in 415 which is yours." He says.

Whose locker number is 315?

"Look I know its not much understandable and this may even seem absurd but that is the truth. Sam really had no idea." He says.

"Okay." I say meekly as I was lost in my own thoughts.

Whose locker did he want to damage?

Why would he do that to him/her?

How come Sam didn't know?

Is Sam actually trustworthy?