CHAPTER 24

|••• Violet's POV •••|

I swallow a gasp to keep my emotions in check. I stay quiet for quite awhile, hoping that this phase will pass and maybe, just maybe this fact which is hard to digest turns out to be untrue.

Truth has become so obscure and lies so convenient that unless we like to accept the fact, we attach our beliefs to the lies.

"Since when?" I mumble after a long, comfortable silence.

"He had this thing for her from the very beginning and when I introduced him to our group, he got the chance to officially know her." She says, controlling a sob.

"It's going to be okay, Jazz." I hug her.

She finally lets out a cry while hugging me back.

"What's worse is he asked my help to set him up with her." She says, hugging me tighter if its possible anymore.

"You know its murder only if they find the body. Otherwise its just missing." I say, pulling apart.

She gives me a weak smile and shakes her head at me.

"I am just trying to keep my feelings to myself and not be jealous of Rochelle but it's one hard task huh." She shrugs, trying to make me believe that she is coping up with the fact but I know better than that.
I keep on rubbing her arm to calm her down.

"Its neither of their fault. No one can be blamed." I finally whisper.

"I know which is why I am going to help him." She firmly says, wiping her tears.

"He is unknowingly hurting you. Are you sure?" I ask her.

"Yes." She avoids my gaze.

"Jazz, whom are you kidding?" I question her again.

"I am not kidding. Isn't that what good friends are supposed to do? I can't stop being the only thing I can be to him just because things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to." She says.

"I understand all of that, Jasmine. I am just really worried about you. You'll be okay, won't you?" I look at her intently.

"A whole pack of Ryan Gosling movies, tubs of ice creams and a playlist of Taylor Swift songs will be fine." She shrugs.

I grin at her statement and hug her tightly again.

"What do you say about a movie marathon at my place tonight?" I ask her, pulling apart.

"Sounds like the perfect plan." She gives me her dazzling smile.

"Alright then, let's get going!" I hug my coat tighter and walk to my way home with Jasmine clinging to my side.

___________________

Following day, school~

|••• Jasmine's POV •••|

I like your friend Rochelle.

I groan in annoyance as my brain even after restricting it from drifting away to that message doesn't listen to me and registers thoughts about my unrequited crush on him. 

Honestly, Violet is a great distraction and she is like the strong base upon which my emotionally imbalanced pillar is supported but the worst part of the matter is Shane is even more stronger and his one look will have me destroyed to ashes.

"Hey Jasmine." The bells of danger start ringing in my head as I hear his voice right behind me.

Don't look at him, Jazz. Don't.