CHAPTER 27

|••• Violet's POV •••|

I arrive at the parking lot to realize that I am the earliest amongst the group like most of the times.
I decide to plug in my earphones when I see Sam entering the parking lot. He senses someone's stare and turns towards me.
After a couple of seconds, he decides to acknowledge me with a wave. I nod my head in response.

And just when I thought that the non-verbal conversation is over, he proves me wrong by approaching me.

"Waiting for someone?" He asks.

"Jasmine. We carpool together." I answer him.

"I saw her with Zach. They seem busy with something." He states.

"Zach? What would she be doing with him?" I ponder out loud.

"Well, they are ...uh..getting along." He shrugs.

"That's.... surprising." I awkwardly say.

"Anyways, you are still waiting?" He asks.

Before I could answer, I get a call from Jasmine.

"Where are you?" I pick up.

"I will be late. I need your car. Can you pretty please leave it?" She asks.

"What for?" I question her.

"Something important. Tell you later!" She avoids the chance to explain.

"Fine but you better tell me what this is all about." I say.

"Sure, handover the keys to anyone from the group." She says before hanging up.

What is going on with her?

"Is there a problem?" Sam asks, snapping me out of my chain of thoughts.

"She has requested to take the car. I will have to wait for someone to come so that I can lend the keys." I say.

"How will go home?" He asks.

"I'll take the bus." I shrug.

"Nonsense, I will drop you off." He declares, leaving no room for discussion.

_____________________________

As we pull out of the parking out, I thank him again for his help.

"Shut it already, Taylor." He says while speeding off.

"Okay. Just trying to be grateful." I raise my hands in mock surrender.

"For the umpteenth time." He grumbles.

"So how's Calvin?" I ask him, trying to strike up a conversation.

"He is good." His reply is concise, allowing me to assume that he prefers a silent ride.

I busy myself in the surroundings that pass by through the window to ignore the awkward silence and as the soft breezes caress my face, a smile instantly breaks out.

"You can play the radio." He says, interrupting my moment of solace.

I shrug at his offer and turn the radio on. Justin Bieber's 'love yourself' starts playing and I turn to look at Sam.

He looked like he'd empty all his stomach out and I waste no time in switching it off while guffawing in laughter.

"Not funny." He glares at me playfully.

I smirk at him and look out of the window. The car comes into a halt as familiar surroundings arrive.

"We're here." He says.