CHAPTER 19

|••• Violet's POV •••|

I see him searching for the table and when he notices his mom's frantic waving, he smiles and walks towards us. Our table is at the end near the large window facing the beautiful garden which is lit by antique lights giving it a royal look. He then looks at me, mirroring my shocked expression. His mom engulfs him in a hug and he lovingly returns it back.

A mamma's boy, eh?

He then turns to me, giving me a sloppy grin.

"Small world, isnt it?" He whispers with a smirk.

Indeed.

"Lina, Violet- Meet my son Shane." Gaby says. "Shane, this is Lina- my friend and her daughter- Violet." She continues, introducing us.

"Hello, nice to meet you Shane." Mom says with a polite smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Ma'am." He says, returning the smile.

"Oh, please call me Lina." Mom says informally.

He flashes her a grin and then turns to me.

"Hey Violet!" He says and comfortably adjusts himself on the seat.

"Hi!" I smile.

"Lets order, yeah?" Gaby says while signalling for the waiter to come for our orders.

___________

The mommies go back to their gossiping leaving us in an awkward silence while we wait for the food.

"So what's up?" He tries to break the ice.

"Nothing as such." I shrug.

"Honestly, I didn't think you would be the daughter of my mom's best friend. They are best buddies since quite awhile and I didn't know about you at all." He says.

"I know! Even I was shocked to learn it." I agree.

"Yeah, I saw your mouth open and close like a fish few minutes back." He playfully says.

I simply grin at it.

"So you are participating huh?" He brings up another topic to keep the conversation alive.

"Because my mom wanted it." I say.

"Oh." was all he said.

"So you are volunteering for the dance?" I ask him.

"Yes because my mom wanted it." He mimics my style making me chuckle at him.

"So how many guys do they need?" I ask.

"It depends on how many applications they select." He says.

"What do you mean 'select'? How many have applied?" I ask him.

"Well, I don't know much." He shrugs and turns towards his mom.
"Mom, how many applications so far?" He asks her.

"The amount is running in hundreds." She says casually like she is talking about today's weather.

What the..

"Can you explain the whole process, Gab? My daughter here is perplexed." My mom who was studying my expression for awhile speaks up making me grateful to her.

"Sure! Did you guys submit the application form?" She asks.

"Nope." I say, popping the 'p'.

"Submit it asap along with your profile. They are going to select the best 25 out of the total on the basis of your profile." Gaby informs.