"This fa Akeelah." - Marek Caprio

" Remba money leave buh' we neva ' will..Before or after tha' money. " - Raheem Caprio

Final chapter

Omniscient

Two weeks had went by and Marek's trial day had passed . After coming up with more evidence and getting a good lawyer , also known as the mother of Monica & Cici . She had him out within a month .

Now what Marek seek for more than anything was revenge . That was the only thing that pondered on his mind while he was locked up .

Marek shoved his hands into his pockets as he walked over the fairly green grass and dead leaves as they rustled under his feet . He held the 12 red roses in his hand as he trailed through the cemetery.

After visiting Akeelah's grandmother to share his condolences and her crying from the reminder of losing her grand baby , she made sure to mention to him to find whoever did this . Thinking she wouldn't want violence , she proved him wrong by stating she wanted him to suffer .

Her words and his own floated throughout his mind as he finally made it up to the tombstone with her name written across it . He licked over his bottom lip , looking down at the hilled dirt .

He bent down , placing the roses up against tombstone . He remembered her mentioning those were her favorite flowers though no one but him bought them for her before. He stayed down , running his fingers over the tombstone . He sucked on his bottom lip , shaking his head .

"Love you too." Was all he could bring himself to say , beneath his breath . Too bad it's too late , he thought . That he didn't get the chance to actually tell her and now couldn't ever. He stood up straight , backing away slowly and started back towards the car .

Raheem watched as he made his way back to the car , releasing the smoke from the prior blunt he was smoking . He looked down as Marek opened up the driver door , getting inside . Shutting the door behind himself and stretching out his legs , he rubbed through his goatee .

Raheem threw the bud of the blunt out the window as he dusted off his pants . "So we gon get this neggah or no?" He asked to Marek.

Marek smirked with a harsh tone chuckle as he sat up , putting the gear into reverse as he turned to look behind the car . After pulling out the empty parking space of the cemetery , he sped down the road to the location of Sam that he found out a week before being released .

Anger built in every mile that was driven within those thirty minutes . He parked a few blocks from the actual house . They both strapped up as Marek's jaw clenched . Stepping out at the same moment , they began walking up to the house .

Marek cocked the pistol , listening close to the door as he heard Sam's voice in a much lower tone then in the alley . He kicked the door , pointing the gun immediately but he delayed the bullet from flying as he viewed a baby boy in Sam's arms and a girl on the opposite couch.

"Get up." Raheem spoke to the girl, pulling her up roughly . He put the gun to her head as Marek walked over to Sam's side , motioning the gun up .

"Up. Let the chile' go." His voice was much darker and stern than usual . The child quickly ran to his mother as Sam remained sitting .

"I said get up and Ian' repeatin' myself no mo'." Marek yelled into Sam face .

Sam's babymother panicked and blurted out . "He's been paralyzed from the waist down for almost a month." Marek looked from her back to him before laughing . He bent over , gut laughing . The bullet he sent in his back must've did it that night but it still didn't kill him.