Chapter 6

I finished my food before the episode of Mickey Mouse was over, so I waited until it was done before going to check on my clothes, just for good measure. Once it was over I got up and threw my plate away and put my fork in the sink, then washed my hands and went to go check on my clothes. Once I got to the dryer I saw that it was finished, so I had to rummage through the men's clothing to find mine. Once I had my underclothing, I headed back upstairs to the bathroom to change. Once I was finished with getting dressed and pulling on my socks, I brushed my teeth once again, just to get the egg off.

I smiled at my reflection then headed out of the bathroom, deciding to look for my brother, if he was still even here. I walked into the kitchen to find Darry leaning against the counter eating eggs.

"Hey, Dare, you know where Steve is?" I asked, crossing my arms as I furrowed my eyebrows. He nodded and swallowed his food.

"Uh, yeah. He's in the dining room with Soda." He answered. I nodded to him, mumbling a thanks before going to the dining room. As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by the sight of Soda and Steve sitting across from each other at the table arm wrestling. They both seemed very concentrated. So concentrated, in fact, that they didn't even notice me walk into the room. Well, I'm going to have to take advantage of this. I thought, a smirk falling across my face as I slowly walked up behind Steve, wondering how Soda didn't see me since he was positioned right at me.

Once I was right next to them at the end of the table I quickly slammed both of my fists down onto the it, startling both of them. Well, this seemed to startle Steve just a little bit more, so just when he was about to say something, Soda took the opportunity to slam Steves hand down onto the table. Steve cried out and cringed slightly at the pain in his right hand, bringing it up to his chest and rubbing it with his left.

"Hey guys!" I chimed as if I didn't do anything wrong. Soda continued to stare at Steve's hand in victory while Steve looked up to glare at me.

"Dammit, Lil. You made me lose!" He exclaimed. I grabbed my chest and placed a fake hurt look on my face.

"What? Well I would never, Steve!" I exclaimed. He just rolled his eyes and stood up. "Wait, Steve, where are you going?" I asked, dropping the hurt act. He looked at me, slightly annoyed.

"I'm done playing." He said. I stared at him.

"But I wanted to play against you!" I whined. He rolled his eyes.

"Play with Soda!" He said, gesturing towards Soda. I glanced at Soda, then turned back to look at Steve.

"But I don't wanna play him!" I said, continuing to whine. Steve sighed.

"Well then I guess you don't get to play." He stated, then walked out. I let out a huff of breath, ready to leave, when Soda spoke up.

"Do you not want to play me because you know you'll lose?" He asked. I turned to look at him, glaring at that annoyingly beautiful smirk on his face.

"No. I know that I could beat you anytime." I stated, crossing my arms. He leaned back and did the same, that smirk still plastered across his face.

"Then why won't you play me?" He asked. I just rolled my eyes and decided to ignore his question and leave. Then, just before I was able to take my first step, I heard it. The noise. The noise no one ever wants to be compared to. The Chicken Noise.

I clenched my fists and turned around to look a Soda, who was making chicken noises and flapping his elbows around like they were wings. He paused for a moment.

"So, you're saying that you're a... a... a chicken?" He questioned, then continued to flap his arms and make chicken noises. I glared down at him. Oh, it's on now, jerk.