chapter 6

after the scavenger hunt me and zain headed back to our cabin. it was barely 3, so we had 6 hours of free time.

right now zain is taking a shower, he said he smelled bad from being in the woods but he honestly smelled amazing still. i didn't even see him sweat, whereas i'm sweating all over.

"hey." zain smiles as he comes out the bathroom.

i smile back and give a little wave. i check the time and see that its just turned 3 o'clock. the sun is still brightly shining and i'm starting to get bored.

"wanna do something?" i ask zain as i sit up on my bed.

"yeah, sure." he smiles and we start to head out.

i'm not really sure what i want to do. but just getting to be around zain is fun all on its own.

as we start to walk around, we walk down a path that leads to the other side of the lake. i didn't think it could get any more beautiful, but it just did.

the bright green trees block the sun out and you can almost clearly see the bottom of the lake. there's another dock and its a little closer to the water than the other one. i feel a hand intwine with mine and drag me toward the edge of the dock.

"this is my favorite spot to hang out at. its quiet and the trees block the sun so it's cooler." his voices flows around my mind.

i feel as he sits at the edge and our hand slip out of their hold. i had to physically restrain myself from whimpering.

i watch as his feet play with the water and i quickly sit next to him. i almost gasp as i feel our sides touch closely. we're literally shoulder to shoulder, thigh to thigh, and with one twitch we could be hand in hand.

"how's your first year of camp so far?" he giggles and i melt.

"its only the first day. but, it is a good first day." i smile and mean it. i never thought i'd be saying that.

"well, that's good. i have a feeling this is going to be a good summer." he smiles and puts his head on my shoulder.

i thought the sparks i was feeling before were good but these ones, these ones are heavenly. he's so heavenly.

i'm so glad i was forced to come here.

"there you guys are!" a familiar irish accent was heard and me and zain happily turned around to meet the source.

"what took you guys so long?" zain giggled as kyle squished us in a hug.

"marcus wouldn't help." i heard harry say.

"i'm a queen, i don't get my hands dirty." marcus sassed and we all giggled at his words.

"okay 'queen mark'." harry mocked marcus and we all giggled again.

"shut up, curly." marcus pouted, "anyway, i'm hungry. let's go eat." marcus turned on his heels and started walking to the lunch cabin with kyle, zain, harry, and me close behind.

the sun was a little less hotter now and all the campers were done with their activities. some hanging around, others headed to the lunch cabin, and the rest already there.

as we got to the lunch cabin, there was barely a line so we all got our food and sat at our usual table. we each got a turkey sandwich with a cookie and a juice.

no one really said anything since we were all pretty hungry and just wanted to eat.

as i'm finishing off my sandwich i feel a leg rub mine and i almost choke as the spark shoots through me. i look around the table but everyone is too busy eating to notice me almost choking. expect for zain, he's staring at me with a blush crept onto his cheeks. he looks so beautiful when he's embarrassed. but the only thing that really catches my attention is that his leg is still against mine. but i'm not complaining.

"attention all campers, you have two hours left until sundown." the voice over the speaker informs us.

"do you guys wanna hang at the cabin?" kyle asks and we all nod as we throw our trash away.

we all start to head out of the lunch cabin and make our way to kyle, marcus, and harry's cabin. marucs jumps on zains back and we all giggle as zain tries to carry mark. he actually does make it all the way to the cabin and we all applaud as he sets louis down.

"race ya." kyle yelps and before i could say anything he's racing toward the steps.

i quickly catch up and take two at a time as he tries to take three but fails every time. i see marcus standing at the top with both arms up for us to high five. i quickly get to him and touch my hand with his as kyle tries to catch up to me.

"ha! i win!" i brag as kyle tries to catch his breath.

"i let you win." he speaks between breaths and we all giggle at him.

"attention all campers, thirty minutes until sundown." the voice over the speaker says after a while.

we all start to get up and say our goodbyes. me and zain walk back to our cabin in comfortable silence. our shoulders inches away from touching.

as we get inside our cabin a phone starts going off and i almost forgot i brought my phone. i quickly fish it out my bag and see its my mom.

"hi mom." i answer as i step back outside.

"hi li, i was just checking on you. how was your first day?" i didn't realize how much i missed her until i heard her voice.

"it was actually good. i'm having fun." i smile even though i know she can't see me.

"i knew you would." i hear her giggle. she always seems to know everything.

...