chapter 13

my dreams consisted of zain. his beautiful smile, his beautiful eyes, his extremely beautiful laugh. and now that we're talking again i didn't feel the need to cry, i felt happy. the smile on my face proving that i was. 

as i got up, the clock read 11:45am. i looked over to zains bed and smiled fondly as i saw him still asleep. before he can catch me staring, i quickly hop out of bed and enter the bathroom. i do what i need to and then enter back into the main room. zain is still sleeping so i quickly slip into a black t-shirt and some light grey joggers since its sunday and we have no activities again today.  

the time now reads 12:10pm, so i decide on waking zain up so we can get some food. i softly pad my way to his bed and bring my hand down to softly touch his cheeks. he flinches and i retrieve my hand, but before i could he brings it back down. i giggle as he softly holds my hand against his cheek.

"c'mon zain, wake up." i whispered, not really wanting to wake him anymore since he looks so adorable right now.

"liam?" his raspy voice fills my ears and i blush.

"yes?" i ask as i sit on the floor next to his bed, with my hand still held softly to his cheek.

"your hand is so soft." he practically purrs as he rubs his cheek against my palm and my cheeks heat up.

"th-thanks." i say shyly as he sets my hand on the bed but continues to hold it and rub his thumb over my knuckles. 

"what time is it?" he hums after a while and i jolt from my faze as i check the clock for him.

"uhm, 12:30." i answer and he nods as he starts to get up.

he pads over to the bathroom and i almost whimper at the loss of contact. i can't believe we spent 20 minutes holding hands. i think that's a new record..not that anyone is keeping track..

as he exits the bathroom, he has on a red t-shirt with some black joggers and i literally melt at how hot he looks. and yes i mean hot. he's still beautiful, its just that right now, he looks flipping hot.

"shall we go eat?" he ask and pulls me from my thoughts.

"oh, uhm. ye-yeah, lets go." i practically have to wipe drool from my chin.

as we step outside, the sun is slightly being covered by dark clouds. i groan as i know its going to rain soon. when i start to head down the steps i feel a warm, tingly sensation enter my hand and i blush as this is now the 4th time we've held hands. but, who's counting?

when we get the the lunch cabin, its full and i groan. luckily though, the lines seem to be going fast so we quickly make our way to the end of one. i start to notice people whispering and staring at me and i coward into myself, but as i do i'm meet with zains front and notice that we're still holding hands. happiness and sadness come rushing to me. i've always hated people staring at me, especially when i knew they were talking about me. but for some reason, i'm sorta not caring right now. 

as we get to the front we get our trays and head over to our usual table, where kyle, harry, and marcus are already sat. they greet us with warm smiles and we take a seat, extremely close to each other. but i'm not complaining. 

"so, do i sense some love bird action going on here?" mark speaks as he wiggles his eyebrows. why does he have to make this awkward?

"mark, stop." harry nudges marcus and i mentally praise him.

marcus just rolls his eyes as he continues to eat again. i feel myself and zain untesnse and i kind of get a overwhelming feeling at the fact that he tensed at marcus' question. i know he admitted to liking me, but it still just seems too good to be true y'know? 

after the awkwardness that was lunch ended. the voice over the speaker confirmed it was in fact going to rain so we all headed to our cabins. i groaned as i flopped onto my bed. i was kinda hoping on hanging at the lake, but of course the rain has to ruin that. i just hope zain will be okay this time around. it's not that i didn't like comforting him, its just that i was worried. i hated that feeling of not knowing what to do. 

"hey liam?" zains soft voice interrupted my thoughts and i looked over to his small shaking figure.

"zain? love, don't be scared." i quickly got up and engulfed him in my arms. we stood there hugging each other other tightly for a while until he spoke again.

"c-can we build a fort? like last time?" he asks, his big brown eyes causing me death.

"of course we can." i smiled warmly at him and he excitedly started to work his magic of building a perfect fort.

after he finished i grabbed our pillows and met him inside. he happily took his pillow and we sat in silence for a while as we listened to the heavy downpour of the horrid rain. luckily there seemed to be no thunder so zain seemed to be doing okay.

"thank you for comforting me again. i know it might be annoying, so i appreciate it." he spoke softly and slowly, causing my heart to pang.

"its not annoying zain. i'm glad i can be here for you." i told him truthfully as i gave him a warm smile.

"i really do like you, liam." he smiled sweetly and i felt my cheeks heat up.

"and i really do like you, zain."

...