Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

I am so afraid. Mom was driving me to the airport. I was fine, actually. There was just this part of me that made me want to throw up. Never in my whole 16 years was I supposed to go on a plane. But even worse, alone.The plane could be filled with strangers who could kidnap me. The plane could crash and I could die. Why was I so scared? I don't know why. And I need to stop. I had to go through all these crazy obstacles before I went on the actual plane. There was this station that was like a magnet to make sure you don't have any bombs or guns. Then, there was this other station where you had to take of all your accessories so you didn't have any guns or bombs. It was so much walking. I saw the plane i was supposed to enter. There was a door that led me to the plane.

''Sorry, honey. I cant go any farther than this," Mom explained.

Before I knew it,tears were streaming down my cheeks. Was I actually crying? Over mom? This was really bad.

''Don't cry. It will just make you less of a person you are today." She said. '' I will miss you. I just want you to remember that I didn't do this because I hate you, I did this because we aren't getting along that well. I need time to think about what I can do be a better mother," I guess she was right. My mom and I aren't exactly tight. It's a love-hate relationship. She gets on my nerves, but I will turn her down if she ever needs help hiding a dead body.

'' I will miss you too, mom," I said to her while giving her one last hug for god knows how long.
I turn my heels the other directions, and quickly clear the tears building up in my eyes.

As I board the plane, I try to find a row of seats with no one occupying it. I spotted one in the back and quickly made my way through there so no one could get it before me.

'' I take window seat," I heard a voice say. It was deep. Not too deep. It has to be a boy.

I whipped my head to see who it is. My instincts were right. He was a boy.

''What do you want?" I snapped.

''I just want to sit next to you," He explained.

''Well, I want window seat,"I said.

''Go ahead," He said and sat next to me.

''So how are you?'' He smiled

I turned to him. '''Look kid, don't you have parents with you?''

''No, you?''

''No.'' I sighed and looked at my hands. I felt so sick at hear that my mom just left me like that. Then, rage entered in my head. I hated my mom for putting me on this plane. With strangers. I am even sitting next to one who thinks that we are friends.

"It's okay. My parents abandoned me too," He said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I can tell," He answered looking down at his hands and sighed looking to the other side. I can tell he doesn't want to talk about it, but I feel like we should just to get it off his shoulders.

"Attention passengers for the plane number 15890!" A voice said through the speaker said. "We will be taking off in 30 seconds. Please make sure you have all seat belts buckled. Enjoy the ride!"

Before I knew it, I could feel my seat and I rising up. Along with the rest of the passengers. I gasped and held tightly onto the seatbelt. The airport was getting smaller and smaller until all I could see were blue skies and clouds. I closed my eyes very tightly. My heart started beating 10 times its usual rate.

"Are you okay?" He raised a brow looking confused.

"I'm just a bit scared," I admitted.

"Oh,well everything will be alright as long as you stick with me." He said. Great. Like that's gonna make me feel so much better.