Vulnerable

It is now seven, a few minutes before the reunion, I'm sweating I'm so nervous.

I walked up to the doors of King High not knowing what to expect once I got inside.

I opened the doors and went inside, there was a trail of confetti and balloons leading to the gym.

I began following the trail, walking through the halls I began to think about old times, and it threw me into another flashback.

"Ashley, we're going to get caught."

"No we're not, calm down Spencer."

" Ashley, hurry up." Aiden yelled.

"Okay, Okay. These things take time you know, I want everything to be perfect. I almost got it. There, all done."

"Okay, can we go now please?" I begged.

"Alright," Ashley yelled.

We all ran down the hall.

That was the best Halloween ever, we got to school early so we could pull a prank on Mrs. Johnson, our 10th grade English teacher.

She was afraid of everything, so we put a bunch of fake spiders in her desk, a fake skeleton in her closet, and green goop all over her desk and chair.

We thought it would be pretty funny, but Mrs. Johnson didn't think so.

The sound of the music snapped me back.

I walked up to the doors of the gym and just stood there for a second and took it all in.

I would be seeing people I haven't seen in 10 years, it was a pretty big deal.

I walked in the gym kind of searching for Ashley and Aiden and when I didn't see them I just stood by the punch table.

As the night went on I felt kind of out of place, I figured I'd had enough so I decided to leave.

Maybe I'll see them tomorrow at the reunion party.

I grabbed my things off the table and as I turned to leave there she was.

I couldn't believe it.

After ten years she still looked the exact same way she did in high school.

"Hi," she said smiling.

"Hi," I replied looking into her eyes.

"How have you been?" she asked.

"I've been good, you?" I asked.

"Okay," she replied.

"Good." I said looking down at the floor.

"What hotel are you staying at? Or are you staying with your mom?" she asked.

"No, I'm at the Hilton," I answered.

"Oh cool, Aiden is staying there too."

"Aiden doesn't live in LA anymore?" I asked.

"No he moved to Sacramento a couple years ago with his wife and kids. I was just about to go meet up with him actually. Um, would you like to come?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah sure. Did he come tonight?" I asked.

"No, he said reunions are lame, he only came for the party tomorrow night."

"Oh, Aiden always was the party animal of the group."

"Yeah, so you ready to go?" she asked.

"Yeah, so you wanna just like meet there?"