The Disclosure

Callen and Deeks sat mostly silent on the way to the beach.

They arrived shortly after and Deeks got out of the car and walked down to the beach. Callen sat in the car for a few seconds watching Deeks make his way down to the beach, taking a seat in the sand.

Callen drew a breath and walked over to Deeks taking a seat next to him.

"I thought you were going to take me to an alley and give me a beating." Said Callen as he sat down next to Deeks

Deeks chuckled. "The thought had crossed my mind" he said as he starred out into the ocean.

Callen smiled. "So Kensi told you."

"Yeah, she did, didn't do anything to soften the blow either, just came right out and said it."

"Typical Kensi" they said at the same time. The both smiled and chuckled.

"Look I know you have feelings for Kensi and I know that she feels something for you too Deeks. I'm not blind. But I care for Kensi and I want to see where it leads you know. Believe me I didn't expect this to happen."

"Really?" Replied Deeks

"Yeah. I mean everyone sees the way you two flirt. If anything I thought she would end up with you not me."

"So, what's the moral of this story? Not to underestimate the underdog."

Callen laughed. "I guess it is."

"Seriously thought Deeks, you brought me out here to talk, so let's do it. Get it off your chest."

Deeks turned to Callen "Look Callen. Yeah I've had feelings for Kensi for a long time, but I also know that nothing will ever happen with them. We're work partners, that's it. She chose you. You know if Kensi's happy then I'm happy and yeah I wish that she could have been happy with me. I wish that I was in your position but I'm not and I just need to accept it."

"Here I thought you were bringing me out here to give me the "don't hurt her speech."

Deeks chuckled. "Really come on this is Kensi we're talking about, we both know Kensi would hurt you just as bad as you hurt her."

Callen laughed. "That's true."

"In all seriousness though, you've got her now. Do me a favour don't hurt her, otherwise I will have to bring you back down her except this time it will be to give you a beating and you don't want that because you know it would be embarrassing for you and...."

Before Deeks could continue Callen cut him off. "Message received Deeks. Loud and clear."

"Well alright." Callen, have you told Hetty yet?"

"Hetty, yeah that's going to be a conversation that I'm going in armed and with backup."

Deeks chuckled. "I think she already knows something's going on with you guys anyway."

"Deeks I know Hetty knows things before we tell her. I know you refer to her as the master of the universe but I doubt she knows. I've done nothing to alert her to that fact that Kensi and I are together."

"Yeah you maybe not, but Kensi definitely."

"Wait, stop what do you mean?"

"When you were Russia and you had just been shot by Ohatna. Kensi heard it over the live feed in OPS. She thought you were dead. She ran out of OPS into the burn room. I tried to follow her but Hetty said she would handle it."

"Kensi didn't say anything."

"Well she's not exactly the most emotional person."

"True, but Deeks, that doesn't mean..."