Act 2

Callen and Kensi made their way back to her place and arrived shortly after. As they were walking up the driveway to her apartment Callen spotted movement in the bushes. He wrapped his hands around Kensi's waist as he started to walk in sync with her. He nuzzled into her neck and whispered. "There is movement in the bushes up a head. Keep your eyes open." He said as they continued to walk towards her apartment.

"Mmm hmm" she said as she looked for other threats. They passed the bush and kept moving forward towards her apartment. Callen kept glancing backwards checking for any more movement. As they approached the house Kensi could see through her window that her place has been tossed. She leant back into Callen and whispered. "The place has been tossed." She could feel Callen nod. It felt like Callen and Kensi were having a telepathic conversation when separated from each other as they both drew their weapons. Callen turned his back to Kensi making sure to cover her six when he saw the man, who he assumed was responsible for making the movement he saw in the bushes earlier step out of the bushes gun in hand. Callen quickly responding by firing 2 rounds into him and turned so he was by Kensi's side facing forward.

Suddenly it was like people were coming out of nowhere. 2 men stepped out from behind the wall near the entrance to her apartment. Kensi fired once shot into one while Callen's shot hit the other one. They could hear commotion inside when Kensi signalled to Callen to follow her. Kensi being Kensi, she had a secret separate entrance and exit into her home in case she needed to get out quick.

Callen and Kensi entered through that second entrance / exit to her apartment. They positioned themselves to be able to get a clearer vision of the men. One of them spoke over the earwig in Russian "Vitaly, what is your status? Report in."

No response.

"Vitaly?"

Again there was no response. He motioned for the other 2 to go and check on Vitaly. Callen and Kensi waited for them to leave the room before approaching the man. "Don't move." Said Callen

"Ahh Special Agent G Callen." Said the man as he turned around to face Callen and Kensi.

"Winter?" Questioned Callen, who couldn't believe that he was standing here before him. "I saw you get shot. Granted you'd just shot me, but still I."

"I was lucky that my people found me when they did."

"So what was your plan, as far as you knew I was dead?"

"I found out that you had survived and I came here to.."

"You came here to what? Kill me?

"No I came here to kill her while you watch, and then I kill you."

Callen who already had his hand on the trigger started to pull back when a flurry of gunfire started to head his way. Callen and Kensi took cover. They could hear the gun fire above their heads. They looked at each other got a line of sight to the targets and fired their weapons back. Callen hitting one, while Kensi hit the other. Winter looked on as the 2 men dropped to the floor. He pulled out his weapon from his back and ran towards the door. Kensi and Callen followed with their weapons still drawn. Winter ran towards the front door and out the front re-uniting with his two other men he had sent out earlier. The three of them turned to face Kensi and Callen and started firing. Callen and Kensi took cover.

"Cover me!" said Callen as Kensi started to fire as he started to move forward.

Callen did the same for Kensi as they started to advance on the three men.

Callen and Kensi continued to move forward hitting the men Winter had sent out earlier putting them down.

Winter started to take off.

"Winter!" yelled Callen as he took off after him.

"Callen!" yelled Kensi.

Winter suddenly stopped and turned to face Callen who was closing in on him gun drawn, pointed right at him.

"So is this how is ends Callen? You kill me or I kill you."

"I can't let you hurt her Winter and I can't let you go. Put the weapon down."

"You know I can't do that Callen. I can't come in with you. I'd be locked down in a deep dark hole never to see the sun again." Winter raised his gun, Callen shot him 3 times centre mass, killing him instantly.

"Callen!" Yelled Kensi as she ran towards the gunshots. She turned the corner to see Callen standing there, gun in hand. Kensi walked up to Callen. "Hey, are you alright?" she asked

Callen stared at Winter. "Yeah, yeah. I'm good. We better call this in." Said Callen as he pulled out his phone."

Cut forward 10 minutes – LAPD arrived on scene after some neighbours reported hearing gunshots

Callen and Kensi were waiting outside her apartment as LAPD were inside collecting evidence. A couple of minutes later Sam and Deeks arrived at the scene. They got out of their cars and walked up to Kensi and Deeks.

"You two okay? Asks Sam

"Yeah, we're both fine" Said Callen as he squeezes her hand.

"What happened? Apart from the obvious fire fight"

"Winter" Said Callen

"The season?" Said Deeks.

Kensi, Callen and Sam shot Deeks an "Are you serious look."

"Obviously not the season. So Winter? the person from Russia."

"Yeah Deeks. Winter, the person. He survived Gibbs shooting him. He came here to kill Kensi then kill me."

"How did he know you were still alive?" Asks Sam

"He said that someone he knew told him, I guess we won't know now."

"Yeah" Said Callen

"Well until we can be sure there is no more Russian operatives roaming the city looking to put a bullet in you Callen..."

"Sam! Don't even joke about that, you know how many times I've been shot already."

Sam chuckled. "Sorry G. Until we can make sure no-one is coming after you and Kensi you need to get away and not to your place."

"So where are we going on this unscheduled getaway Sam."

"My vacation place, beach house, it's about a 2 hour drive away. Said Sam as he handed him the keys."

"Thanks Sam." He said as they hugged.

Callen and Sam walked over to Kensi and Deeks who were chatting away.

"You're lucky you're not dead." Said Deeks

"I'm fine Deeks. I promise." Said Kensi

"Hey, we're going away until Sam and Deeks here make sure no-one else is here to kill us."

"That could be a long list Callen."

Deeks and Sam chuckled. "He means any more people from Russia."

Kensi smiled. "Alright, so we're we headed?"

"Sam's little secret hideaway." Said Callen

"Really?" Said Kensi as she looked at Callen and smiled.

Callen smiled back and grabbed Kensi's hand and started walking off towards the car.

"Why are you two smiling?" Asked Sam

Deeks smiled "I know why their smiling" he said as followed Kensi and Callen.

"Oh! G, don't you do..Anything, you hear me! Anything! He said as he ran after them