DESPICABLE PROTECTION

He used us to protect his victim? Light thought, How despicable!! Yet, this incident can help me observe Renai, firsthand.

"Do you have an idea of when she died, Renai??" Light asked.

Renai touch Mimosa's body without disturbing her position.

"Not so long ago, must've been ten to fifteen minutes. The murder weapon must be potassium cyanide."

"Light-kun... Have you contacted the officials??" Arthur's desperate voice was no longer heard, for Light removed the ear piece. He captured photographs of the dead, using his mobile.

"I have, Arthur. Specifically for Fostor Heck, just like Light said, you told to..." Renai said.

"Follow Arthur's orders, Renai..." Renai nodded to Light's say. He continued:" I have a job in the food court."

"Food court??"

"Look closer to her lips..."

She followed his command. There were crumbs of bread and drops of liquid, closer to her lips.

"Renai-san, are her clothes wet??" Yes was Renai's answer to Arthur's question.

"How'd you know??" She asked, muffled.

Light had left to his destination.

"Um... Sir," Light's monotone said, sticking out a hundred dollar bill from his wallet," Can I get a sandwich??"

The man at the counter stuffed vegetables inside the pastry.

"Did you notice anything strange in here, earlier??"

"Yeah... Not strange, just unfortunate. An young gentleman, about your age, accidentally spilled soda on a gorgeous lady, so beautiful, the type I often witness... Ferocious and ill-tempered...The kid was kind enough to buy her a glass of orange juice, with his own money... He?s a rare breed, respecting all... Not a wimp, just a rare breed creature, among the younger generation..."

"The glass... Was it reusable or disposable?"

"A paper cup" Handing over his parcel to Light, he asked:" Why're you asking about this li'l incident, kid??"

"Mina Mimosa, the gorgeous lady is dead."

Fostor found the seventeen year old, fumbling with his ring-pendant.

"Hello there, Light..." Fostor rested on the wall, facing Light," Already giving out confidential information??"

"I have had enough of what I can, Fostor. Get the surveillance tapes."

Fostor left Light alone, upon ordering his men to collect the surveillance tapes from the security.

"That kid... How did he look??" Light asked.

"I'm not sure... But he had a black-bean frock coat, and a scarf, with a pair of black gloves."

Light left the foodcourt, thanking the man.

A coincidence?? Light thought.

He was obviously stupefied.