Soul Mates

I stare in a daze out side my balcony, slouching, holding my head in my hands. Swirls of thoughts surrounded my mind.

Vampires.

I'm in a castle full of vampires.

Sighing I stand up straight and stare out at the gorgeous garden before me. From what I could see there was a grass maze surrounding the garden. I couldn't fully see what the garden contained in the center though.

So I decided to go explore. Still in my running shoes, I leave my bedroom and climb down the stairs. No where was in sight, probably off doing royal duties.

Ha. Duties.

Shut up you idiot, your not three.

Rolling my eyes at myself I leave out of the back door of the castle. When I exit the castle I am greeted by the entrance to the maze. Thinking to myself that I should probably bring someone along with me to show me around, I probably should have listened. Although for some reason, I didn't.

Entering the maze I made a couple right and left turns, soon losing track of the entrance. I carried on taking a few more turns before I started to hyperventilate and panic.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I cried out, hoping someone would show me the way out.

All of the sudden I hear the wall bushes to my right start to shake. From what I knew, there were no animals in this maze.

They shake harder and I begin to feel my legs tremble as I stare at the figure in front of me. A girl steps out of the bushes, making my face go red with embarrassment. I chuckle at myself for being so stupid, of course here's nothing scary in this maze.

Walking up to the child I crouch down to meet the little girls face. She had most of her hair covering her facial features. "Hi there. Are you lost?" I say sweetly to her.

She doesn't answer but gives me a nod. "Do you remember where you live? Where's your mother and father?"

She gives me a shrug. "Alright, well I'm going to help you. We will find your parents together once I find a way out of here."

I hold out my hand but she is hesitant taking it. I give her a smile and that seems to help. She grabs my hand and lets out a sharp gasp.

Her hands were ice cold and shaky. "Don't worry, it's going to be okay." I reassure her as we begin to walk towards another part of the maze. I hear her whisper something to herself but it wasn't loud enough for me to hear her words.

After a really long time, we finally make it to he garden. I was exhausted and just wanted to sit down. In the garden by a couple pink and blue flowers, sat a bench. "Come with me, I bet all of that walking made you tired." I told the girl. She nodded and followed me.

Letting out a tired groan, I laid my head back and enjoyed the sun. The girl sat proper with her hands folded in her lap. "Thank... you." She whispered loud enough for me to hear. Her voice was sweet like honey, it sent a chill up my spin.

"You are welcome, and after we our break we can find your parents if you like."

She stayed silent after that. I heard a couple sniffles and noticed a few tears drop from her cheek. "Don't worry honey, we will find them."

"But miss-" she started before she was interrupted by another voice.

"Angeline! Please answer me!" Matthew. I turned my back towards the girl and listened to his voice draw near. Through an opening, Matthew emerges quickly and spots me. My heart drops in my chest when his hazel eyes land on me. "Angeline." He says almost out of breath.