You weren't suppose to see.

Long chapter :)

*Matthew POV*

I held the cell phone up to my ear, the ringing staring to sound in my ear. Must have been a good minute until the other line had been picked up.

"Hello Prince Matthew, what can I do for you tonight?" Gregory, one of our servants spoke into the phone.

"I need to speak to my father. Tell the family I won't be home for dinner, I have business to take care of." I smirked at my words over the phone.

"Right away sir." I could hear the shuffling of Gregory through the house, heading towards my father. Ina muffled voice I could hear him deliver my message. I chuckled slightly.

"Hello." My father's deep, horse voice spoke through the phone.

"Hello father. I was out on the town getting a bite and was wondering did you need anything while I was out?" I laughed.

"You think this is funny? Killing innocent people for your own amusement? There is nothing funny about this."

"No you know what, it isn't funny. It's hilarious. You know for living all of these years it gets boring just reading all the damn time. Why can't I have fun everyone once in a while?" I yelled at him through the phone.

"Because you know as well as I do that this is not 'every once in a while'. Matthew just because we are monsters doesn't mean we have to act like it all the time. Now get home right now."

"Oh, sorry dad am I missing anything important?" I spoke sarcastically.

"She's here." I felt my head go numb.

"What?" The only word I could muster, yet I had to hear it again.

"She arrived here this morning."

"Your just telling me this?! This would have been great information to know." I took a second to regain my senses before I spoke again. "I will be there by morning." And with that I hung up the phone.

"Please- let me go mister." I looked down and the girl in front of me. She was so easy to lure in, desperate to find a male, it was almost too easy.

"You know I can't do that sweet heart." I stared down to her sitting figure. She was scared. I mean who wouldn't be?

"Please, please, please..." she cried.

"What's your name?" I spoke in a light voice.

"Nicole." She spoke quietly, the fear taking its toll.

"Well, Nicole. Tonight's your lucky night." She looked up at me as I stood up, with hope filled eyes. "I will kill you quickly and painlessly instead of a slow painful death."

Before she could react I picked her up and held her by her shirt. My mouth at her neck I suck my fangs into her skin. Her curled scream rang through the ally. Yes, this is my life.

* * *

The next morning I walked into my home without a single soul around. It's the I noticed an unfamiliar smell. It smelled like vanilla and wood roasting on the fire.