Is this Real? It cant be... Right?

I sat straight up, sweat was all I could feel and heavy breathing was all I could hear.

Was that really a dream? It felt so real, like I was actually standing there.

I hopped out of bed as fast as I could and sprinted down the stairs. Desperate the find Matthew I searched the living room but ended up hearing him cook breakfast in the kitchen. I quickly walked in to the kitchen and stood at the door way, my body tense.

"Well good morning." A voice greeted me as I entered the kitchen. Matthew stood in the kitchen, behind the counter top, cooking scrambled eggs. I couldn't help but let my eyes linger over his body and my mind laughing at the apron around Matthew. But I kept myself focused before I forgot about why I came in here in the first place.

"I know you." Was all I could think of saying.

He gave me a puzzled expression, but shook it off with a playful smirk. "Yeah, I know you too Angeline, we just met. I would hope you didn't forget me in that short amount of time."

I shook my head and stared at him. I don't know why I was so nervous, but part of me wanted to not even bring it up and just run into his arms so he can embrace me. The other part had to know what was going on.

"No Matthew. You know that's not what I mean." I stared directly at him. Our eye contact so intense, neither of us dared to break it.

Matthew stood up strait, and crossed his arms. "How much do you remember?"

In that short span, those five words made the blood rush to my head and my heart get heavy. I don't know what being his mate fully met, and how he had this kind of affect on me, but it was too much.

"It was when I was Kindergarten. My friend Katie and I were on our school bus. Katie talked to some of her friends while I stared out the window. I saw this man... I was going to show Katie, but he was gone before I could. But I don't know, it was something about this man that was... familiar."

"Angeline-" Matthew started before I cut him off.

"Later after school, this mean girl named Macy tripped me and bullied me. I ended up with scratches all over my knee. I was so sad as I waited for my mom. Then the man I saw showed up next to me. He healed my wound and made me happy. Before he left, he said he would come see me everyday after school. His name was Matthew."

After I had said that, both mine and Matthew's body language changed. We both grew tense and stiff, both waiting for how the other would react.

"He was you, wasn't he. It wasn't just a dream." I said in a small voice. I looked down at the counter top, knowing the answer before it left his lips.

"Yes." Was all I heard from him.

"Why?" I said, not taking my eyes off the counter top. "Why can't I remember that? You were apart of my life before this? What is really going on?"

"I-" he started but shut his mouth. I scoffed at him and waited for him to say something. He didn't after that point or was taking his sweet time answering me.

Confused and tired, I got up and started to walk to my room. Matthew stood at the bottom of the stairs, blocking my path. "Wait. It's not-"

"It's not what Matthew? Was it because you felt sorry for me? Or you just wanted to screw with me? Because I think you did a great job. What was it? Some sort of mind trick to make me forget what happened?"

He looked down, not wanting to meet my eye contact. My eyes widened and I felt my heart rate quicken. "What did you do, Matthew? Why can't I remember meeting you?!"