Origins

*Angeline POV*

"We are Vampires."
• • •

"What?" I said in a quiet voice. "But- Vampires don't exist.

"They do." Brandon spoke.

"No, no it can't be true. Vampires don't exist." I started breathing hard and talking fast. I tried to get up again but Matthew held me down. I gave him a look, but for some reason wasn't as scared as I should be.

"Please don't try to run. We are not going to hurt you." Matthew said placing a hand on my leg. I studied the hand then looked up at his beautiful eyes. I loved the feel of him, wherever he touched me I felt heat spread.

"How do I know that?" I asked in almost a whisper.

"Because you can trust us." Brandon said. I narrowed my eyes at him, earning a defensive look from Brandon. "Look, it may take sometime to get used to us, but I promise we will not hurt you."

"Can I ask you something?" I said.

"Sure."

"Why am I here?" I asked. "Why was brought here? Was I chosen or was it random?"

Brandon and Matthew looked between each other before Matthew turned his attention to me. Something definitely happened while I was out.

"Angeline. I promise I will explain everything to you. What you saw, what we are, and what you are doing here. But for now you need to get some rest. You had a very eventful day." Matthew chuckled.

You could say that...

"Can you guys go so I can change?" I asked shyly.

"Anything for you, my queen." Brandon said with a wink before he left. The whole time he walked Matthew gave him a glare.

"I think I'm good. You can still change though." Matthew said, getting up and sitting in the desk chair. I gave him an are-you-serious look and made him stand up.

"Out, Out, Out!" I said shoving him out of my room. I locked the door when I finally got him out and slammed the door closed. I slid my back down the door and sat there.

Vampires? Who knew?
• • •

I woke up the next morning, with hair all over my face and sticking out like I sprayed a whole bottle of hairspray in my hair. As all the memories from last night came flooding back, I took a deep breath and got ready for the day ahead.

I took my morning workout clothes into the bathroom. Turning the shower to hot, I striped and hopped in. I moaned as the beads of water hit my back. Washing my hair and body, I finished and got out. After I fully dried off, I dressed in tight yoga pants that reached to my knees and a light blue tank top along with nike shoes. Putting my hair up in a high ponytail I jogged down the stairs and out of the house.

I ran out of the house and headed to the forest behind the palace. The sound of leaves and twigs breaking under my feet rang in my ears. Birds chirped and flew with me as I ran deeper into the forest.

My breath grew heavy as I slowed my pace. I came to  slow stop by a group of enormous trees, taller then the others in comparison. I placed my hand on the tree and began to stretch. The feel of a spider crawling on my skin made me scream and fall on my butt.

Stupid spider...

I looked up at where the spider once was and narrowed my eyes. There were markings on this wood.