Chapter 3

We walked in silence, deeper and deeper into the forest, to get to headquarters.

Finally, we got to a tall tree, at which the girl turned on silent, camouflage mode onto her suit and zapped me to do the same. She then began scaling the tree. I followed, not knowing how I was managing it.

She got to a set of opaque, black glass doors at which she zapped her hand against.

"Wait here," she ordered, before entering. Not a full half minute later, she beckoned me over.

We entered through another set of doors into an enormous room. I gasped in awe at the complex technology used in the room and the touch air screens I only saw in movies back home. I didn't have time for much admiration as I remembered where I was.

At the opposite end of the room, up some stairs, there was a desk and chair at which sat a tall, well built, young man. He paused on what he was doing and moved his chair back to stand and turn to face us.

The girl got down on one knee, facing him, bringing her fist to her heart, bowed her head and said, "Hail, Xenon Fernandez! Hail, Master!" at exactly the same time as he turn to glare at her.

I didn't know what to do-I just stood there awkwardly and dumbstruck.

"Rise, Diega." he commanded.

She obeyed, still bowing her head and keeping her fist on her heart.

"At rest." he commanded.

Slowly she lowered her hand and looked up to face him.

"Who is the new one?"

"She claims to be the chosen one."

"Oh? How so?"

"She claims to be me."

"Well," he said facing me. I lowered my gaze to the ground.

"Wrong." he stated. I looked up into his eyes. "Nota bene, never give anyone authority or the idea that they may have authority over you, until you are certain that they are who you desire to serve."

"Yes-" I replied.

"Now, what is your name?"

"Diega Sofía Xeviera Talavera Talmarquéz."

"How old are you?"

"17"

"Ah. Well, Diega, you may be right. Did you scan her?"

"Yes. She is definitely not one of them."

"Good."

Unnervingly, I stood as they observed my moves.

"Have you agreed to help us?" came the sudden question of Xenon.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"I have no choice, I guess. I just hope you are the good ones."

"I see."

Xenon's gaze turned cold and I felt compelled to bow my head in apology.

"What did I-"

"I accept to serve you and help you, Sir." I stated, kneeling, putting my fist over my heart.

"Rise. Now, how are we going to differenciate between you two?"

"Well, I am used to being called Sofía. So you can call me that, Sir." I said.

"Very well. So my Diega will remain as Diega. The other differenciation is that Diega has short hair and you have really long hair."

I nodded.

"Now. Diega will lead you into the systems and explain the situations. Then at midnight we report back here and continue with our mission."