Chapter 18

I tried to rub my eyes after waking up. I was very confused as to why I was sleeping beforehand in the first place, yet when I realized I couldn't move my hands due to them being tied up. That made me wake up completely and I came to notice that not only were my hands tied up, but also my feet, and my mouth was taped shut.

I was scared. I had been kidnapped and only Zeus knows what would or could happen to me. Would I be killed?

I looked around in the cellar I was being kept in. It wasn't as cold as I expected it to be. This was all so confusing to me. The main question I had was how? How was this all possible? In that moment, I felt lost and willing to give up. I suppose I also had a hint of not caring whatsoever in me, but I knew I could let that feeling overcome me.

After a long, long while, I heard a key turning. Great, now I knew I was being held captive under key and lock. Cool, hollow thuds came toward me, down the stairs. The open door allowed enough light in for me to analyze my surroundings. They were surrounding I recognized. I was being held captive in the same cellar as Dionisa was beforehand in the Nikkian base.

"Good. You are awake." came the voice. I expected it to be Marshal, the head of the Nikkians. But instead it was a voice I couldn't quite place a face to.

I tried to get free of the ropes but it wouldn't do anything.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Sofía, my dear, those ropes were tied expertly. You cannot break free. Anyway, now that we have you, you can be the key to save this city. Work for us, work for me, and together we can save this city from the curse that has befallen her. Hmm? What do you say."

I wanted to say 'hey, you are being weird and by the way, let me go as I wanna just go home to my own time thanks.' Instead I sat silent as I physically couldn't speak.

"Answer me!" he yelled.

I heard a cough and then my captors angry voice. "What, Alex?"

"Sir, her mouth is taped. She cannot answer you."

Grunting, he ripped off the tape making me yelp.

"What is wrong with you!" I yelled. "All of you!? Why are you fighting over some damn city?! And why does everyone want me as their "secret weapon" to victory? Does Marshal know about this?"

"Marshal?" the guy chuckled. "He's just a pawn I can use for my plan. But those who know what's good for them. They work for me from day 1. I'm the brains behind the Nikkians. Don't forget that. Don't forget when I am in full, unquestionable control of Artemisia. Or shall I say, Nisia?"

Arrogant much.

"I give you three days to decide. Three days. Then I want an answer."

With that he left.

The other man, Alex, looked around nervously before coming up to me.

"Days here is what you may call years. But our "years" as you call them, last 7 and a half of your "months"."

He was about to leave, but I yelped out "wait!"

Turning he nodded for me to continue.

"So what do you call what I call months?"

"Hours."

And then he left.