Chapter 26

P.O.V. Diega

I could sense the anger coming off Master Xenon, even though we didn't exchange eye contact.

"W..what are you talking about?" Alex asked.

"You brought them here. I can now destroy them. After all, we have the girl. Once she agrees to help us, we will destroy the Artemisian's. It seems you aren't as useless as I thought."

"You are wrong! I didn't bring them here in order to help you!"

"But you did. I can see it in your eyes."

"That's not true!"

At that moment, Delfino's soldiers brought Sofía out.

"Perfect timing. You don't know how much you are helping me, Artemisian's."

"Enough!" said Alex, "I have resigned my loyalty to you. I no longer serve you. I serve the Artemisian's. And we will take you down."

"Very well, Alex. But once I overpower you, and you are my prisoner, you will beg  profusely to serve me again."

"What makes you so sure that you will overpower us?"

"I have the Chosen One."

"The Chosen One has not agreed to help you."

All of us turned to Sofía as she finished her sentence.

"Chosen one," the man said chuckling nervously, "what do you mean? I explained to you the danger they pose to the land."

"They pose no threat to the land nor people. They are not the ones enslaving and killing off civilians."

"I'm warning you-"

"Armisia was founded by Artemis and rightfully belongs to the Artemisians!"

With that Sofía firmly slammed her foot on the ground and in an instance raised up into the sky as a powerful falcon, screeching.

The Battle of Mubetaxi had begun.